Details Emerge on Medal of Honor: Warfighter — Will Use Frostbite Engine 2.0
Electronic Arts has passed out some details on the newly announced Medal of Honor: Warfighter in a report from OXM: First up, it’ll use Battlefield 3′s Frostbite 2.0 engine. That should make it look pretty damn spiffy.
The report has a few other cool tidbits:
- Warfighter will loosely follow real events and real soldiers, like the series’ last title.
- Danger Close says it’s going for “authenticity” rather than “simulation,” which will translate into things like regenerating health
- Preacher, Voodoo and Mother — as well as other characters — are going to be returning in Warfighter
- Warfighter seems like it’ll include more player choice; OXM cites an example of players choosing which method to use to breach a door
- Expect a one-shot kill “hardcore mode” in multiplayer, which is being developed in-house by Danger Close
- There’s likely to be some kind of co-op mode, but Warfighter probably won’t include full campaign co-op
We’ll keep firing details your way as more about EA’s upcoming title comes to light.