Diablo 3 Walkthrough
Table of Contents
Lord of Lies
- The refugees are safe. Caldeum is beginning to break apart under Belial’s assault. It’s time to take the fight to him!
- Lead Leah, Adria, and your companion back across Caldeum Bazaar, dispatching Doom Vipers along the way.
- Leah will open the city gates for you. Enter!
- In the city, rescue the cowering citizens from the fake Imperial Guard (more Doom Vipers and Serpent Magus).
- Climb the stairs towards the Imperial Palace, dodging the fissures pouring forth poisonous gas.
- Kamyr will be encountered shortly before reaching the Imperial Palace. He is not particularly tough or damaging, but keeps himself surrounded with plenty of Fallen, allowing his ability to suddenly pull you into close quarters to work best.
- Before entering the Imperial Palace and the major fight within, consider returning to base or the inn in Caldeum Bazaar for repairs and supplies.
- BOSS FIGHT: Belial, Lord of Lies
- The Imperial Guard will unmask themselves as Veiled Sentinels and Veiled Evokers, more powerful versions of Writhing Deceivers, and will be in play courtesy of Belial’s summons throughout the fight.
- Belial will shoot a volley of three green fireballs, easy to dodge the further away from him you are. This attack is supported with insect swarms.
- Belial also has a very large sickle that he uses to slash when you get close enough.
- When he’s taken a certain amount of damage, Belial will relinquish his small humanoid form and reveal his immense true demon form, destroying all but a small section of the Imperial Palace.
- Belial will employ massive slamming attacks with his fists. Watch out for the green circles on the ground that mark where his fists will strike.
- Belial will soon throw in his lightning attacks, coming from his breath and from the sky.
- Pay close attention to Belial’s arms, as they will signal what lightning attack he’s about to launch. When he draws his arms back (as if taking a deep breath), expect a breath lightning attack. When he moves his arms to the far ends of the balcony, expect the lightning to strike from the sky.
Return to the Diablo III Walkthrough Main Page