Diablo 3 Walkthrough
Table of Contents
Heart of Sin
- Azmodan is using the Sin Hearts to give power to his demon army. Tyrael says that destroying them is crucial to defeating Azmodan’s army, and possibly Azmodan himself.
- Descend into the first level of Arreat Crater, through the two levels of the Tower of the Damned, to get to the first Sin Heart in the Heart of the Damned.
- Expect massive amounts of much tougher Blood Clan (Impalers, Maulers, Occultists), along with the unholy Tormented Stinger (lightning sting), Demonic Serpents (burrowing attacks), Soul Lashers (tongue strikes and grabs), Hulking Phasebeast (teleport), and the deadly Succubus. Beware the red balls of death (damage and armor reduction) she sends your way, which will track your movement, making it difficult to evade.
- Cydea will appear in giant spider form, and will use melee, poison spit, and Spiderlings as her attacks. She will also drop web traps on the ground to slow your movement. She will run away after a certain time, calling in her Daughters of Pain to replace her.
- The Daughters of Pain are three very tough succubi. They will make avid use of their red balls of death to weaken you for their Blazing Ghoul reinforcements to finish you off.
- Stygian Crawlers are tougher versions of Tormented Stingers.
- Hellhide Tremors are much tougher versions of Demonic Tremors.
- BOSS FIGHT: Cydea, Maiden of Lust
- Cydea will attack in the same manner as before, with short retreats into the ceiling for rest. She will summon green pits that will spawn forth waves of Spiderlings during this time.
- Consider going back to Bastion’s Keep Stronghold for supplies before entering.
- BOSS FIGHT: Azmodan, Lord of Sin
- Azmodan has a couple of strong melee attacks: a standard fist strike that will damage and slow you, and a more powerful belly flop attack with knockback ability.
- Azmodan’s magic is much more dangerous. He will summon a mass of corpses to fall from the sky to strike you. Watch out for their red rings on the ground which indicate where they will hit.
- He will also throw large fireballs at you, which will track your movements, and explode after a few seconds. Avoid these!
- At about 3 quarters of life, Azmodan will add two more attacks: shooting lasers from his eyes, and opening up Demon Gates through which the Minions of Azmodan (unique Demon Troopers) pour forth. Watch for gray circles on the ground telling where a Demon Gate will appear, and destroy them quickly to stem the flow of Minions.
- At about half health, Azmodan will then summon very large black pools of death to cover large areas, greatly reducing the amount of safe area you have to maneuver in. His previous attacks will continue, so fight well!
Return to the Diablo III Walkthrough Main Page