Diablo 3 Walkthrough
Table of Contents
The Fallen Star
- Your journey starts on Overlook Road on the way to New Tristram. The first enemy encountered are the Risen. They are slow movers with a basic bash attack, so depending on your chosen Hero, keep your distance or get up close and personal with them as you return them to the grave.
- Once you arrive at the gates of New Tristram, speak to Captain Rumford. He’ll say he won’t open the gates until all the Risen are dead. Help the militia defend the gates against the attacking Risen.
- Speak to Captain Rumford again, and he’ll tell you to speak to Leah, at the Slaughtered Calf Inn.
- It’s a very good idea to speak to everyone with a speech bubble icon when you hover the mouse pointer over them. They will often have multiple topics to cover that tell the overall story of Diablo III, some history about the previous Diablo games, and will sometimes even talk about themselves.
- Go into Leah’s Room in the Inn, and read her journal.
- Go into Deckard Cain’s house, next door to the Inn, and read his journal.
- Locate the wooden chest in front of the Slaughtered Calf Inn. This is your Stash.
- Take the Minor Health Potions in it to add to your carried supply.
- Wretched Mothers stop moving and turning when they vomit, so take advantage of this time to attack in force.
- Walking Corpses are slow, bloated Risen with two attacks: a quick one-hand strike, and a stronger two-hand bash. When slain, their upper half becomes a Crawling Torso that moves much faster.
- Quill Fiends scurry about in small packs, attacking from a distance by shooting quills, and up close by slashing with their claws.
- Keep your eyes open for items that may contain loot: barrels, corpses, logs, rock piles, tree stumps, and especially Old Keepsake Boxes.
- If encountered, investigate additional locations that may spawn, such as Cellars and Wishing Wells, as they are good for more monster XP and loot.
- Bonus Quest: Kill 3 Wretched Mothers.
Return to the Diablo III Walkthrough Main Page