Diablo 3 Walkthrough
The Light of Hope
- Speak to Itherael, and learn that Auriel, the Angel of Hope, has been captured by Rakanoth, the Lord of Despair. You need to save her!
- Go through the archway just past Itherael. This will take you through the first level of the Gardens of Hope.
- The Armaddon is a powerful beast with mana and arcane power-draining bites and slam attacks. Will often be used as a mount for a Subjugator to make a Mounted Armaddon, combining its speedy firebombing and arcane damaging attacks with the Armaddon to make a truly fearsome creature.
- Corrupted Angels use their hammers to hit with the full range of elemental magic. Their unholy shields will give them a strong resistance to an elemental attack for a duration when hit by one. And they have a very fast dash ability that they use to quickly get up close and personal with you.
- Mallet Lords have four arms that can make very powerful slam attacks that are best avoided.
- Morlu Invaders can revive themselves, so don’t stop hitting them when they fall to a kneeling position, else they’ll get right back up.
- Oppressors are elite demons and masters of fire, able to attack with flaming breath and a flaming charge, along with melee mace attacks.
- Vile Temptress is a high-level Succubus, complete with those red balls of death, and the ability to quickly leap away from your attacks.
- Consider making a return for supplies before entering, as the Town Portal cannot be used once inside.
- BOSS FIGHT: Rakanoth, Lord of Despair
- Rakanoth has swords for arms, and he is superbly skilled at using them in melee.
- He will combine his teleport ability with a spinning sword attack that is especially damaging, so stay on the move.
- He will often teleport to the center of the room and shoot a volley of ice bombs outward. They don’t have much range, so dodge or run away from them.
- He will also summon Soul Devourers to aid him, so beware their long tongue attacks and knockback strikes.
- Hammermash has the lightning element added to his already very powerful slam attacks.
- Blessed Chance – a random Sigil Room where you’ll battle through Demon Marauders and Shadow Vermin to get to an Exquisite Chest.
- Holy Sanctum – a random Sigil Room where you’ll work out the solution to a floor tile puzzle while fending off Armored Destroyers (frenzy attacks) to get to an Exquisite Chest.
- Sacellum of Virtue – a random Sigil Room where you’ll battle through Demon Marauders and Oppressors to get to an Exquisite Chest.
- Sledge’s element is fire, so prepare accordingly. Also, it will explode in a fiery blast when killed.
Return to the Diablo III Walkthrough Main Page