Been a while, you might say? With the successful release of Mechwarrior 4: Mercenaries 3.1 and the few screws Vam had to adjust on MTX to deliver such a monster to the community, news on MekPak's annoying little sister project had to eventually reach out to the AT1 community as well!
- Mechlab changes: added the advanced criticals section for those items that could not get added automatically to certain mech parts.
- Animation blending, mostly visible while the mech walks-runs.
- Minimal graphics settings available for users with lower-end machines.
- Improved input settings: multiple joystick support.
- Changes on the interface design: the menus now use pixel-relative scales according to how big your screen is, much like the way websites work.
- New shadows rendering method (hopefully, faster)
- New mechs: Firemoth and Shadowcat.
- Instant action menu now autofills your newly created starmates with random mechs in order to make the "action" more "instant".
- New keymapping commands have been added to the game but wont appear if you keep your old input.at1 file; in order to restore the default keyboard and joystick input and thus gain access to the new keystrokes (such as radar display mode) delete input.at1 file on your game directory after patch installation and let AT1 restore it on the next launch.
- Keyboard torso twist feature.
- AT1 torso twist style (torso twists when mouse reaches near the edge of the screen) and ability to change between this and the old one.
- HUD color customization: no more forced green and yellow.
- "God rays" effect.
- New cockpit artwork for a few mechs other than the MadDog. We will be adding the rest in as updates come.
- Legging; get ready to bite on dirt. Still experimental and only three mechs (MadDog, Timberwolf and Stormcrow) feature the animations for it. Other mechs will suffer from legging too, but will feature a normal and slower walk animation. This also means leg actuator damage does manifest in this version.
- Keymaps now properly use combined strokes without having conflics. EG you can use Ctrl+Z and Z alone for different functions.
- MASC allocation bug on the empty varians has been taken care of.
- AI behaviors corrected for their close range combat.
- Clan LRM missiles now have a reduced flying arch, the closer their target is.
- Critical hits now are based on 2D6 rolls (and damage amount on the part where the critical resides) to mimic the board game rules.
- No more "unassigned criticals" bug. See above in "Improvements" for details.
- Mechlab memory use has been decreased by unloading mech visuals not on display; this however causes a bit of a pause each time a mech is fetched from the mech list.