Dwelvers is a real time strategy game inspired by the old time classics 'Dungeon Keeper' and 'The Settlers'.
Dwelvers Alpha v0.5c
Windows Vista SP2 or higher
Direct3D 10 compatible graphic card
DirectX redistributable - Microsoft.com
F1 = Show menu
F2 = Quick save level
F4 = Quick load level
'Left mouse button' = Perform action
'Mouse wheel' = Zoom camera in and out
'W' = Scroll camera upwards
'S' = Scroll camera backwards
'A' = Scroll camera left
'D' = Scroll camera right
'Q' = Rotate camera left
'E' = Rotate camera right
'R' = Tilt camera backwards
'F' = Tilt camera forwards
'HOME' = Auto-zoom to the Dark Mother
'T' = Zoom in camera
'G' = Zoom out camera
'Middle mouse button' = When pressed the camera can rotate with mouse
'Right mouse button' = Enter build menu
Bugfixes since alpha v0.5
- Imps stop working, this is an issue I addressed in the section above. But it seems to be so common I will have to prioritise it as a bug.
- If pressing ALT+Enter while the game is loading or in the intro will cause the screen to go black and not load the menu.
Go to topic
- When playing in windowed mode, switching between other active windows may cause the game windows to go black but UI features still visible.
- The Dark Dwarfs are switching between going to the bar and the rally flag.
- It is possible to get a negative value in the creature menu, this can happen when a creature is killed.
- Depending on the location and direction you can only build one bridge at a time (In dev mode).
Issues fixed since alpha v0.5
- If an imp have built the wall there is always a chance that he will end up on the wrong side of it once it is finished.
- The doors can still be built everywhere, never gets destroyed and let enemies in.
- There can be a frame-rate decrease if you dig out many tiles and don't create any storage rooms, or if there are many creatures fighting each other in a big room.
- Sometimes the Dwarfs or the Impanzees just stand there getting beaten up.
- Impanzees can be loose in the Dark Mother room from start. Solve this by just generate a new map.
- Generate new level doesn't reset the cameras position to the Dark Mother.
- Two sets of numbers are shown in the items menu.
- When hovering over a tile in the fog of war you can see what's there thanks to the text in the top of the screen.
- The roots grow to much.
- Enemy health bars are visible through fog of war.
- Fog of war is totally squared if it is above water and the adjacent tile is visible.
Suggestions added since alpha v0.5 (all not shown here)
- Lights add automatically as the imps claims new paths and walls, but still sell-able.
- Room decoration button shows up in the centre of the circle right-click menu.
- Home Key - Hotkey for quick moving the camera to Dark Mother's location.
- Adding Load and Save to menu for being able to test game more efficient.
- Thinking time for the imps before they decide to take on a new job.
- Roots/Rocks requires a second digging, while digging still be automatically.