Many people think Mass Effect 3's Multiplayer should have been more similar to Battlefield or Battlefront with large-scale epic battles and the like; Mass Effect: Unification does just that.
DEVELOPER: Frayed Wires Studios, Marth8880
RELEASED: Saturday, November 23rd, 2013
1. Run MassEffectUnificationSetup_r2_standalone.exe or MassEffectUnificationSetup_r2_standalone_Steam.exe and follow the on-screen instructions to install.
2. After the installation completes, the Configuration Utility will launch. With this tool, you can perform various operations including, but not limited to: toggling the mod on or off without uninstalling it; determining whether Shepard’s class should be a specific class or randomized; enabling and disabling AI heroes; and enabling or disabling the custom GUI (i.e., the new, red menus). This tool can also be launched from the “Mass Effect – Unification” Start Menu folder.
3. Launch Star Wars: Battlefront II and enjoy playing the updated release of Mass Effect: Unification!
1. Open your Start Menu.
2. Go to Programs / All Programs, and find the Start Menu folder called “Mass Effect – Unification”.
3. Select the folder and inside it, select “Uninstall Mass Effect – Unification”.
4. Follow the on-screen instructions and let the uninstaller run.
5. Play something else, weirdo.
NOTE: Uninstalling Mass Effect: Unification will restore the original stock shell (including the music).
In summer of 2010, I played the demo for Mass Effect 2 after seeing it on Steam – I immediately then ran out and obtained a copy of Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 for the PC (because console shooters are dumb). After completing the first game, I thought to myself, "Huh, certainly there must be a Mass Effect mod for Star Wars Battlefront II!" After failing to find such a mod, I completed my first map that I had been working on since February of that same year; I started working on the Sol Map Pack, released the pilot map, and in around July of 2011, I started the gargantuan project we all love and know as “Mass Effect: Unification.”
THIS MOD CURRENTLY FEATURES:
- a massive amount of specially hand-crafted assets specifically tailored for this mod. This would not have been possible without the help of The Nasal Abyss, Scott Pilgrim (agentsmith38), THEWULFMAN, AQT, Gametoast, and Frayed Wires Studios.
- support for all stock land maps minus Endor.
- three custom Mass Effect maps: Eden Prime, the Prothean Skyway, and Virmire.
- a dedicated server! (Name: “Unification (r2) USA West”)
- WAY too much content to list here.
WHAT MORE TO EXPECT:
- Various patches and hotfixes that correct bugs and add small features.
- DLC expansion packs that will include new maps, modes, campaigns, sides, and more.
- Singleplayer matches on most maps have random side variations and random Shepard hero classes whereas multiplayer matches have a preset variation and Shepard class (per-map specific).
- All maps minus the Prothean Skyway - which has Team Deathmatch and 2-flag CTF - support the Conquest mode and most maps support either 1-flag or 2-flag CTF, which, by the way, is INCREDIBLY fun and difficult (especially Hoth).
- A new save profile called “MEU-Newcomer” is installed along with the mod; this profile is configured to enhance your playing experience with recommended game, audio, and control settings. While using the MEU-Newcomer profile isn't required, it’s most certainly recommended.
- This mod adds 34 missions to the game's runtime heap.
All assets have the minimum possible amount taken from licensed material, and do not impair sales of their respective games, nor do they misrepresent their respective copyright holders.