This release will update both the U.S. and the International version of No One Lives Forever (NOLF) to version 1.003. This includes U.S., U.K. (non-North American English), French, German, Spanish and Swedish language versions.
Update #3 is now available! The primary purpose of this update is to prevent modified clients from joining normal servers and vice versa. For more information on this fix and for the complete list of what’s new in version 1.003, please see the list below:
* Fixed a multiplayer exploit that allowed player created add-ons with modified weapon.txt files to be used on normal, non-modified servers. Players using these add-ons will now receive an error message when trying to join a normal server or a server that's running a different add-on.
NOTE: This message will also appear if a player with an unmodified version of the game tries to join a modified server. Server operators who wish to use these mods should note the name of the add-on within the server name field.
* Fixed a multiplayer bug that sometimes caused players crouching near the terrain to randomly teleport through the map and pick up any weapons or powerups that they came across.
* Fixed a multiplayer bug that allowed players to activate vehicles while using the zipcord and then fly around the map.
* Fixed a bug that caused the player to fly up into the air when entering a cloud of sleeping gas from below.
* Fixed a bug in the multiplayer host menu that caused only 3 of the available bandwidth options to be shown when scrolling through with the right-arrow key.
* Removed Stun/Sleep Recoils.
* Fixed a bug in the standalone server wizard that caused certain options to be reset when any slider bar on the same page was moved.
* Fixed floating ammo boxes and armor powerups in saved games.
We hope you'll enjoy!
-The NOLF Team