This is the full install for Red Orchestra v3.3, a WWII mod for Unreal Tournament 2004. Improvements in this version include a unique momentum system, improved AI, graphics engine enhancements, and more. This is the manual install zip file.
After the fun of showing Red Orchestra 3.2 at GDC and E3, Tripwire Interactive is happy to bring you the next installment of Red Orchestra: Combined Arms. The new features in Release 3.3, as always, come from listening to the players and testers - here are some of the highlights for you:
- A unique player momentum system, giving an ever-more lifelike feel to movement within the game. The player doesn't just stop and start instantly, but takes a moment to get moving, or to stop.
- An item that has long been on the request list: different speeds depending on the direction of movement. The player now slows when strafing or moving backwards, for added realism.
- Improved AI for the bots operating vehicles: the driver will stop and go when ordered - and you can order the bots out of the vehicle if you want it all to yourself!
- One beautiful new map, never seen before: Baksan Valley - see screenshots below!
- With full access to the UT engine, we have been able to throw in some major rendering optimizations. This is showing an improvement of up to 40% in frame-rates on lower-end CPUs. Additionally, a number of the maps have been further optimized for improved performance.
- Vehicle movement has been improved: the brakes on tanks now hold the tank from rolling down shallow hills - and they won't "spin" so easily!
On top of this, there is a whole bunch of tweaks and amendments to weapon recoil, audibility of footsteps and breathing, regaining of stamina - and many others besides! For the full list, download the new Release and look at the full change log in the readme.
We're looking forward to seeing you on the servers again, for yet more hard-core Eastern Front combat - to your weapons!!