This is the latest official patch for Rome: Total War. This patch will work on all language releases (except Russian, which has a separate patch). It requires patch 1.3 to be installed first.
Rome: Total War by Creative Assembly - retail v1.3 -> v1.5 patch
You need to upgrade your version of RTW to version 1.3 before you install the 1.5 patch. If you do not, the patching process will not work and your game is unlikely to function.
This read-me details the main fixes made to the game. Other minor fixes and balances have been carried out.
- We have fixed the "memory leak" slowdown issue that was seen when playing the campaign map for prolonged periods.
- We have fixed the Naval battles that were not working correctly in version 1.3. AI-controlled factions will now make proper use of ships.
- Saved games from version 1.2 will work in version 1.5. A couple of other problems with saved games have also been fixed to prevent crashes.
- The Gauls can no longer recruit Naked Fanatics as they no longer have farming-related shrines and temples.
- Academy-class buildings now give a law bonus, as they do in the BI expansion pack. These buildings now have uses in cities without governors or generals in residence.
- Only Roman factions can hold Games at an Arena-class building.
- Diplomacy has been "tweaked" so that Roman diplomatic activity is more coherent.
- Fleeing armies can now only flee once after a large battle defeat.
- We have added secondary low-quality sword to the phalanx-capable German Spearman Warband.
- Removed inappropriate officer from Rebel Archer Warband units.
- Reduced hit points for German Berserkers from 3 to 2 (matching those in BI).
- Improvements have been made to prevent men spilling around the base of siege towers.
- There was a pathfinding issue that made river battles very slow. This has been fixed.
- Improvements have been made to the AI when orchestrating Skirmish Maneouvres.
- The AI will now use 'fire at will' with idle units so that they throw pila at nearby enemies.
- The AI will now make a decision about throwing pila before charging into combat based on the location of enemy units.