This is the latest official patch for the North American, South African, Australian, New Zealand, Indian and Pakistan (SKU1) releases of SimCity 4: Rush Hour and Deluxe Edition.
EP1 Update 1 - Release Notes
Date: Friday, November 14, 2003
Update Size: 16Mb
- Adjusted foam spray effect for firefighters fighting toxic spills.
- Addressed issues related to U-Drive it mode while volcano disaster is active.
- Fix for random issues that may arise when dragging a diagonal power line across zones in specific manner that creates a connected orphan pole in a segment.
- Renderer updates to avoid memory corruption when model instance has an invalid position.
- Updates to paths to improve clipper that was transforming stop points into single-point paths.
- Video card improvements for the following: Intel i830/845/865: Fixed graphics rules to allow hardware and to disable color cursor.
- Addressed issues related to burning tree stump.
- Fix for airplane sometimes taxiing above the airfield.
- Implemented safety code for query.
- Fix for relatively obscure problems that occur when moving vans are created on a tile with a complex paths.
- Implemented a general-purpose fix for any remaining yet-to-be-discovered cases of a bad orientation vector.
- Fix for issue where networks loaded from a saved city would not properly re-initialize their connection bitmap.
- Updated Localized strings.
- Updates for My Sim messaging. The issues would arise when moving a My Sim out of a city at just the right time.
- Fix for reported location of sky diving mission.
- Fix for query incorrectly reporting trip length after abandonment.
- Fix for incorrectly reported commute time during inter-city travel.
- Path fixes for various networks and intersections.
- Texture fixes for several one-way/avenue intersections.
- Fix for several network intersection resolves.
- Improved usage of parking lots and transit stations.
- Improved synching of foundation vs. building height.
- Improved variety of industry building development.
- Fix for intercity commute where bus traffic was periodically being treated as car traffic.
- Fix for being able to drop highway ramps over buildings.
- Adjusted toll booth capacities for 2-tile wide toll booths.
- Fix for prevention of pedestrians from using neighbor connections.
- Fix for elevated train volume not being reported in the traffic volume graph.
- Fix for commercial traffic and road noise map calculations to accommodate multi-tile morning and evening commutes.
- Added left turn lanes to avenue/highway overpass onramps.
- Fix for priorities of props and textures in lot templates used in city detail.
- Fix for variety of path bugs related to roads, rails, highways, avenues and elevated rail.