Easy .exe automatic installer, compatible with XP, Vista, Windows 7, 32 and 64 bit. Works with Steam.
This installer will install the entire mod compilation, enable gamedata folder support in the fsgame.ltx file, and make various changes in your user.ltx file. In short, it automates the core installation steps you would normally have to do manually. However, it will reset your in-game settings to their default values.
- Retail DVD versions of S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl game with 1.0005 (or 1.0006) patch
- Direct2Drive digital copy with Digital Distribution 1.0005 patch
- Steam (launch & exit the game at least once, check for version 1.0005 and install the mod, start a new game after)
Make sure to patch the game before installing a mod, otherwise you will see a black screen on startup. To check if your game is patched, see lower left corner of the main menu screen, it should say ver. 1.0005 (or 1.0006). If nothing is there, that means it's version 1.000. If you have a Steam version, wait for it to get updated automatically.
A special note for Vista/Windows 7 users:
It is recommended to run this installer as Administrator (right click the installer file and select 'Run as Administrator'). This is suggested due to issues with UAC and Rights Management, making it possible to have an incomplete installation and/or “leftovers” after uninstalling. Running this installer as Administrator avoids such issues.
It's also recommened to temporary disable Microsoft Security Essentials (this can be done under Settings inside the program), as it will try to unpack and scan the installer resulting in unresponsive system.
(giving up on your progress is hard but many agree restarting the game is worth the appreciation of the difference a modded game makes).
For languages: Czech, Hispanic, French, German, Italian, Polish and Russian, please download an International patch, otherwise your game won't start: Moddb.com
(contains answers for many common questions, page 10)
- further improved stability and the mod’s optimization
- updated weapon textures
- added new visual effects
- improved stability in some parts of the game
- added new sky, sun, wind, and particle effects, including atmospheric space objects
- added the ability to reset hostile status and join factions outside of the storyline
- fixed a bug where NPCs aim direction and weapon direction didn’t align
- removed mirrored markings on scopes
- fixed a bug where the binoculars’ sound alerted enemies
- fixed Sidorovich's “silent radio” bug
- balanced bar music volume
- added some new varied skins for novice Stalkers and Bandits
- improved the “green” night vision
- scientific suits with 90% rad protection now feature an anti-rad injection system
- bandages auto-apply at 10% health (optional)
- added the ability to shoot birds
- added comments to all vocal/guitar tracks for proper volume and radius
- added 19 new authentic music tracks by various artists (credited in full ReadMe)
- disabled the ability to see what the secret stash holds on PDA map (was meant for testing)
- fixed low volume PDA radio messages
- enabled NPC counter on the minimap (optional)
- touched up Sidorvich's skin
- fixed Sleeping Bag camera spin
- fixed shadow glitch
- enabled third-person view, press F1, F2 and F3 to cycle through camera views; numpad + or - to zoom in/out*
- other tweaks
- enabled anomaly evasion for NPCs
- reduced flashlight output by 50% due to overexposure when pointed at walls
- added ability to sell armor and weapons to NPCs so they can use it
- NPCs can sell ammo
- touched up sky and weapon textures.
- increased scope waving
- increased difficulty on Master
- Smart Mod Manager compatibility
- one consolidated archive
- multiple bug fixes from user feedback
- natural dawn (less purple)
- new water shaders
- flipped scopes
- optimized night sky textures
- includes incremental patch by Steel
- fixed Screw repair dialog
Installer created by Eric Enterprises