This is the latest official patch for Stronghold 2. It is incremental, which means you need to update the game to v1.4 before installing this patch.
Many of you will be happy to hear that the Stronghold 2 v1.4.1 is now available to download through the in game auto patching system or through manual download (like here!). The patch will work with all languages (EN-US, EN-UK, IT, ES, FR).
To install this patch you first need to install version 1.4. Any versions of the game prior to 1.4 using the auto-patching service will update the game to version 1.4 and will then need to update again to version 1.4.1. Alternatively, you can download the 1.4 patch here: Gamefront.com
- Blank games and duplicate games no longer appear in the multiplayer lobby.
- Disbanded troops now appear from the player's hovels. If no hovels are placed peasants will appear outside the keep.
- Troops placed in stockpiles can now be targeted by enemy players.
- Stone quarries can now be placed on both Island Hopping and Rocky Island free build maps.
- A player can no longer open and close their gatehouse once it has been captured by the enemy.
- Sally ports now appear hidden to enemy players.
- Fixed issue when dismounting units so that the animation only plays once, preventing them from crossing inaccessible terrain.
- Fixed issue so that the Lord can no longer attack buildings from a distance using the "Return to Civic Duties" button in the keep interface panel.
- Archers can no longer use braziers when standing on level ground next to a wall with a brazier.
- Fixed issue with knights being unable to mount horse if they moved while the horse was en route.
- Fixed issue in which wrong weapons were selected when going to the weapons panel in the market by clicking on the Armoury interface panel.
- Fixed issue in which monks would not go to the monastery when it was placed in certain rotations.
- Fixed a multiplayer issue in which turning off food consumption would cause the game to go out-of-sync.
- Fixed a multiplayer issue in which Herons could cause an out of sync.
- Great Britain map has been re-balanced
CaptSkubba and the FireFly Team