The 1.9 Patch for ‘The Fourth Age: Total War – Forth Eorlingas’ (versions 1.5, 1.6, or 1.7) has now been unleashed!
The 1.9 Patch for ‘The Fourth Age: Total War – Forth Eorlingas’ (versions 1.5, 1.6, or 1.7) has now been unleashed! It contains many improvements, tweaks, and additional features, such as an entirely new historical battle, The First Battle of the Fords of Isen, featuring Saruman’s Uruk-hai and dreaded Warg-riders. Also included are, for the first time ever in FATW, Dwarves (as units). The 1.9 Patch is cumulative (i.e. it can be installed over FE 1.5, 1.6, or 1.7), but it is NOT save-game compatible.
List of Changes introduced with 1.9:
- New historical battle, The First Battle of the Fords of Isen, added (see screenshots!)
- One un-retrainable Dwarven unit, the Dwarves of Aglarond, available to Rohan
- A Dwarven surprise!
- New Variag Noble Archers unit added to Easterling faction
- More forest added to Rhun, Dunland and Haradwaith areas
- Dunland garrisons, armies and settlement populations reassigned
- Many textures and cards for local levies added
- Peasant/Settler/Thrall weapon type made un-upgradeable
- Many missing unit faction cards now in-game
- Markets now more productive in land trade
- Farming benefits now tied to fertility of regions
- Barracks now require blacksmith to first be built
- Men of Far Harad now at correct scale
- Most Orcs resized upward slightly & animation speeds increased
- Campaign map tidied up (cliffs, trees in sea, some heights etc)
- Alcarondas Venturer replaces Alcarondas in Guild of Venturers
- Unit celebration sounds added for all roster units & other generic audio
- Realistic skies added (thank you to the Lordz)
- WIP Barbarian interface partially implemented
- Ancillaries & VnVs have been tweaked & improved
- And lots of other minor improvements made
Double-click on the fatw_fe_1_9.exe that you just downloaded, and make sure that you have it pointed to your Rome directory where you installed FE (this is normally C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War, or - if you have Gold - C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War). After the initial extraction is finished a dos window should open briefly to finish the installation. You can now click on the FE shortcut on your desktop, and continue to play!