Dragon Age 2 Confirmed, Featured on Next Game Informer Cover
It looks like Bioware fans are in for a treat early next year. In a press release yesterday detailing some changes to Warhammer Online, the following text was included (emphasis ours):
“Currently announced projects at BioWare include the development of ongoing downloadable content for Mass Effect 2, one of the highest rated video games of all time, Dragon Age 2, the highly anticipated sequel to 2009′s “RPG of the Year” Dragon Age: Origins, and the story-driven massively multiplayer online game, Star Wars: The Old Republic.”
This ties in nicely with the Twitter post Bioware made last night, saying, “2morrow will be a great day for BioWare fans. Just sayin’.”
In addition, Game Informer has revealed next month’s cover, and it’s Dragon Age 2 (you can see it after the break).
Game Informer mentions that the sequel will take place in a different part of Ferelden than the original game, and you’ll also be playing as a brand new lead character.
- Embark upon an all-new adventure that takes place across an entire decade and shapes itself around every decision you make.
- Determine your rise to power from a destitute refugee to the revered champion of the land.
- Think like a general and fight like a Spartan with dynamic new combat mechanics that put you right in the heart of battle whether you are a mage, rogue, or warrior.
- Go deeper into the world of Dragon Age with an entirely new cinematic experience that grabs hold of you from the beginning and never lets go.
- Discover a whole realm rendered in stunning detail with updated graphics and a new visual style.
The first trailer will be shown off at GamesCom next month, on August 17th. Release is currently slated for EA’s fourth quarter, dropping it squarely in early 2011. Until then, enjoy the concept art and GI cover below.