Dragon Age 2: Mark of the Assassin DLC Walkthrough
Table of Contents
- Mark of the Assassin
- Introducing Tallis
- The Master’s Salve
- Heart of the Many
- Baiting a Wyvern
- The Lost Hounds
- The Cult of the Sky
- Wishing Well
- Hard to Stomach
- Literary Theft
- Arcane Feathers
- A Secret Formula
- A Map of Sorts
Heart of the Many
Hunting Grounds / Chateau Garden
- This quest occurs after speaking with the duke for the first time.
- Turn around and move back down the road behind you to enter the Hunting Grounds, then complete the Bait a Wyvern quest to gain access to the Chateau. Move into the indicated corner of the clearing to activate the cut scene, then choose the “Let’s end this hunt” response.
- During the next cut scene, select “I’ll handle the guard” and then “Search for another entrance” to following that. Afterwards, choose “You’re too kind” and then “Does he do tricks?”.
- After the cut scene, move up the steps by the dining tables on the other side of the garden and talk with the white-haired man guarding the door ahead. Choose “Where is the head gardener?” as your first response to activate the cut scene.
- Afterwards, select “Then we find the servant” and return to the hedge entrance that lead to Leopold’s cage. Interact with the elf servant to the right of the hedge entrance and respond with “It’s kind of you to offer”, then select “We won’t get you in trouble” to activate a cut scene.
- Choose the “It’s not your fault” response, then return to the opening in the hedges that leads to the fountain and interact with Lord Cyril. Respond to him with “My friend needs a tour” to activate another cut scene.
- Afterwards, select “I suppose I could chat him up” and enter the door beside you to activate another cut scene. Respond to Cyril with “But not you?” to obtain the keys and use “So eager to leave me?” during your next conversation with Tallis.
- Move towards the icon on your map to find the door you need, then open it and enter the corridor. Make your way through the hall ahead to reach the next door, then open it to activate a cut scene.
- Select “Are you alright” and then “I agree” when speaking with Tallis. You’ll be in stealth mode after the cut scene, so creep around the corner ahead and move behind the next guard.
- The guards will be unable to see you within shadows or dark corners and they will be unable to hear you if the character is moved around slowly enough. Their area of perception is represented as a pulsating wave of red light and they will immediately call for support if you travel within this zone.
- Use your distraction ability to pull up a targeting point of view, then move the circular cursor onto an area of the ground that’s to the right of the guard. Hit the action button to draw the enemy’s attention to the right, giving you the opportunity to head left.
- Move into the next hallway before the guard turns back around, then make your way forward and approach the “shadows” icon on the left.Once your character is in this shadows area, he will suddenly appear to you slightly-lit for the purposes of safely managing his movement.
- Make your way forward within the darkness along the wall until the path is blocked, then wait for the guards to walk past you down the hall and make a right.
- Move through the next door ahead on your left, then collect the items from the chest and exit the room. Make a left to continue along the corridor and earn the ability to incapacitate as you get closer to the guard ahead.
- Enter the distraction point of view and aim the circle on the area of floor behind the guard, then approach him once his back is turned. Move in as close as you can to the enemy without making contact, then execute your incapacitation ability to knock him out.
- Pick up the key and climb the stairs behind you to reach the floor above, then unlock the door ahead to move into the outside area. Staying in the shadows, make your way left to creep up the next set of steps.
- Move left around the corner at the top of the steps and make another left into the area lined with columns. Use your distraction ability to lure the guards over to one side of the room, then continue forward at a safe distance from them or use incapacitation if they get in your way.
- There is a treasure chest against the left wall as you move through the area with columns. If you can reach it without being spotted, the rewards will be treasure and a “Skepticism amulet”.
- Incapacitate the guard watching over the steps ahead, then make sure the other enemies are distracted before moving down them. Quickly enter the door in the corner, then move forward across the balcony to exit into the next room ahead.
- Exit the room, then ignore the door on your right and continue forward. Distract the guard ahead, then turn left when you reach the rug and move into the hallway in front of you.
- Follow the hallway around and incapacitate the next guard you encounter, then continue down the corridor to reach another rug and enter the room to the right of it. Collect the treasure and balcony key from the chests, then exit the room when the coast is clear and move forward along the rug.
- When you reach the next balcony area, collect the treasure to the left and turn around. Creep forward to the opposite side of the room and turn left at the wall, then move through the door ahead and enter the shadows to stay hidden from unseen patrols.
- Make your way towards the door that you ignored when first reaching this balcony area, then unlock it to enter the next room and move forward across the balcony.
- Exit the area and turn left, then move through the next doorway ahead and cross the previous room’s second balcony. Turn right when you exit ahead and move into the next room, then collect supplies and make your way upstairs.
- Make a right into the next area and move downstairs, then exit through the only door to reach the outside. Climb up the nearby steps and stick to the right side because it’s darker, then incapacitate the enemy hiding in the shadowy corner at the top and turn left.
- Use a distraction to lure the patrolling enemies over to the railing, then creep forward to pass behind them and use another distraction on the guard past the lamplight. Move forward through the light and turn left, then incapacitate the guard captain by the desk to pick up supplies and a balcony key.
- Head back the way you came and incapacitate the lone guard from before, then move past him to the railing and open the large chest. Use distractions on the two other guards from earlier, then enter the door on the right after passing back through the lamplight.
- Move down the steps and around the corner, then open the chests against the wall as you make your way across the hallway. Continue forward to pass by Tallis and activate a cut scene.
- Afterwards, switch characters to take control of Tallis and move her onto one of the raised tiles at the end of the nearby rug. Switch back to Hawke and move him onto the other raised tile, then climb the steps after the bars are raised to exit the cage.
- Stand on the next raised tile ahead, then switch characters and exit the cage by using a different set of steps. Weigh down the raised tile ahead, then switch characters and step onto the next tile in front of you.
- Repeat this pattern until both characters are standing by statues outside of the cage.Topple both of the statues to keep the panels weighed down, then move one of the characters onto the previous tile.
- Switch characters and return to the main area of the cage, then move onto one of the tiles beside the door and switch back. Make your way onto the other tile beside the door, then enter the vault to activate a cut scene and choose “I don’t care what she is” as your next response.
- Achievement / Trophy Unlocked: Blackjack Subtle (Bronze): Evade vault security in Chateau Haine.
Dungeon / Vault
- After a series of cut scenes, you’ll eventually return to Hawke and Tallis being held in a jail cell. Respond to Tallis’ question with “I like you”, then you can either launch into an investigation first or immediately just ask “So what now?”.
- A few more cut scenes will play, then you will be freed from the jail cell and have full control of the characters again. Level up the abilities, wardrobe and weaponry of whatever characters you can before continuing the quest.
- Turn around and approach the doorway behind you to return to the Vault. Activate the white apparatus and open the rightmost white door, then activate the black apparatus and move through the previous door you opened.
- Open the black door and activate the blue apparatus, then return to the main room and enter the leftmost white doorway. Open the blue door and eliminate the enemy before entering the room to activate a cut scene.
- Afterwards, activate the yellow apparatus and return to the main room to drop the color in the mixer. Activate the blue apparatus and drop it into the mixer as well to create green, then activate the yellow apparatus to open the yellow door.
- Activate the color green in the mixer and move through the open yellow door, then enter the room with a green door and collect the treasure. Exit the room and move forward through the painting area to reach the tiles.
- Approach the bottom of the tile board in front of you, then flip the panels over in correspondance to which men were wearing hats in the paintings you just passed. Afterwards, approach the next tile board on the right side of the room and move down the steps nearby.
- Pass through the room with blank paintings to reach another color-coordinated area ahead, then activate the black apparatus to open both black doors. Activate the white apparatus and move through the opened black door, then make your way through the white door ahead and activate the blue apparatus.
- Return to the main room and move through the opened black door in the middle, then make your way into the room with a blue door and eliminate the enemy to find another painting.
- Activate the red apparatus and put it in the mixer, then activate the blue apparatus and put it in the mixer as well to make the color purple. Activate the purple apparatus, then move through the purple door nearby to collect treasure and weapons.
- Exit the area and return to the tile board you left blank, then flip the panels to correspond with the new painting. Move to the opposite side of the room to find another tile board and make your way down the stairs behind it.
- Pass through the room with blank paintings to enter the next area, then approach the tile board to begin a challenge in which you must flip over the correct panels to reveal a completed picture.
- The order to flip these panels is as follows: Top left corner tile. The tile to the right of the previous tile. The tile directly beneath the top left corner tile. The tile to the right of the previous tile. Second tile from the left on the row second from the top. The tile to the right of the previous tile. Third tile from the right on the third row. The tile to the right of the previous tile. The tile to the right of the previous tile. Second tile from the left on the fourth row from the top. The tile to the right of the previous tile. The tile to the right of the previous tile. Second tile from the left on the bottom row. Tile to the right of the previous tile. Bottom right corner tile.
- Return to the blank tile board in the larger room with fire at the center and flip over the panels to correspond with the new painting you revealed. When the fire disappears, move to the center of the room and collect the treasure.
- Climb the stairs by the wall that’s opposite of where you entered this area from, then enter the door ahead to activate a cut scene. Respond with “Let us leave” and move up the steps nearby when the battle begins, then either fire down on the enemies or stand at the top of the steps to create a bottleneck.
- After the room is clear, approach the door to the left of lower entrance and return to the dungeon. Once you arrive, move towards the indicator on your map and interact with the crack in the wall to activate a cut scene.
- Afterwards, move through the crack in the wall and continue towards the map indicator when you reach the caves.
- Eliminate the enemies that crop up along the way and open the gate that divides the cave, then cross the bridge ahead and approach the room on the right to activate a cut scene.
- Afterwards, use a mage to attack the larger clustering of enemies until another cut scene is activated and the room is clear. Collect the Dragon’s Breath from one of the remains and open the gate that dropped down on you previously.
- Continue moving towards the map indicator and take the rightmost trail when you come to the fork. Collect the mace and treasure ahead on the left, then follow the path around to reach the next open cave area.
- Eliminate the enemies that appear by using long-range tactics to activate the cut scene. Respond with “Woah, slow down” and “Strong points. Where’s it end?”
- Choose the path that joins you with Tallis to reach the next area, then move into the next clearing ahead and eliminate the enemies from long-range. After the area is clear, continue along the next available pathway and move through the archway.
- Move through the opening in the stone wall to your right and eliminate the enemies in the clearing. Take out the archers positioned around the perimeter first to avoid sniping situations.
- Afterward, climb the stairs ahead to reach the group of large enemies and use evasive or long-range strikes to stay alive during their elimination.
- When the area is clear, continue down the path and make a right at the fork in the road. Eliminate another wave of enemies by using speed or distance, then continue down the trail to take out a scattered assault by the larger opposition.
- Take out the large enemies from a distance and aid your allies in double-teaming him, then continue down the trail and take out the archers on the ledge above to activate a cut scene.
- Afterwards, move back towards the indicator on your map and travel to the Ruins when given the opportunity. During the next cut scene, choose the “Don’t make this worse” response.
- After the cut scene, choose a mage to target the various battles going on around you and use your abilities to wipe them out. Use the same method to fight the dragon that appears next and try to stay behind or beside the creature at all times to avoid damage.
- Fend off the lesser enemies without wasting an ability and continue targeting the dragon with your best firepower until a cut scene is activated. Afterwards, stay on the move while attacking the dragon as before to activate another cut scene.
- Use an archer or mage to attack the flying dragon and continue taking out the other surrounding threats until the dragon retreats. Afterwards, dodge the fireballs that rain down and continue attacking the dragon when it returns.
- Try to move your allies as close to the dragon as possible when it begins to fall off the edge of the cliff, then defeat the creature to activate a cut scene.
- Choose the “You first” response to knock the duke off the cliff, then select “It needed to be done” to complete the mission.
- Achievement / Trophy Unlocked: Mark of the Assassin (Silver): Defeated Duke Prosper, with or without Tallis.
Return to the Main Walkthrough Page