Dragon Age 2: Mark of the Assassin DLC Walkthrough
Table of Contents
- Mark of the Assassin
- Introducing Tallis
- The Master’s Salve
- Heart of the Many
- Baiting a Wyvern
- The Lost Hounds
- The Cult of the Sky
- Wishing Well
- Hard to Stomach
- Literary Theft
- Arcane Feathers
- A Secret Formula
- A Map of Sorts
Baiting a Wyvern
- This challenge occurs when you first reach the Hunting Grounds during the Heart of Many quest.
- Move towards the plot icon on your map to locate the Hunter, then make your way up the stone steps on the nearby hillside and interact with the pool of blood on the left. Continue forward up the steps and make a left at the top to enter the clearing, then interact with the altar to activate a cut scene.
- Afterwards, immediately assault the Horror by the blue forcefield with attacks that utilize fire until he retreats. Direct your allies away from the altar if you can, then take out the lesser enemies by also using fire.
- Continue this style of attack until the larger Horror returns, then focus all of your fire power on him again to cause another retreat. Repeat this tactic until the area is cleared, then collect the various items off the bodies and exit back towards the top of the previous set of steps.
- Move forward along the narrow path, then take out the smaller dragons ahead with long-ranged attacks before they can reach you. Surround the larger dragons and stay away from their front ends while you attack, then scavenge the bodies after they are all eliminated.
- Pick up the treasure around the bend ahead, then return to the field where you first entered the grounds and approach the hunting party in the distance.
- Move past the men and continue following the trail to encounter the other various hunting parties, then make your way forward to cross in front of the pyre and enter the East Hunting Grounds ahead. Take the next path you come to on the right and follow it in the opposite direction of the icon on your map.
- Pick up the potions on your right, then enter the next large clearing and interact with the purple remains ahead. Afterwards, continue forward along the tree-line and move up the next set of stone steps to your right.
- When you reach the top, turn around and fend off the waves of approaching enemies by utilizing the characters with long-ranged attacks. After the area is clear, turn around and pick up the treasure.
- Move down the steps and back into the clearing, then head across to the opposite side of the area and make a right down the next trail. Pick up the treasure at the end of the path, then turn around to return to the clearing.
- Approach the plot icon on your map and complete the Lost Hunting Dogs quest. Afterwards, turn around and move back up the trail.
- Make your next left down the steps and follow the narrow pathway to interact with the steaming dung pile ahead. Afterwards, take the trail that leads uphill through the trees and follow it to find more evidence of a wyvern.
- When you reach the next clearing, approach the icon ahead and interact with it to bait the wyvern. Afterwards, choose the “Use everything at once” response and wait for the next cut scene to end.
- Take down the wyvern with relentless attacks from all characters and using the mage to heal them often. Evade the creature by running away from it in a circular motion around the edge of the area so that the long-range weapons can continue striking it. Retreat immediately if the wyvern spits orange goo or rears back to charge.
- Continue attacking the wyvern all at once until it is defeated to activate the cut scene, then choose the “I was here first” response. Afterwards, fight off the attacking enemies for as long as possible to activate another cut scene.
- Achievement / Trophy Unlocked: Chasing the Game (Silver): Lure and kill an alpha wyvern near Chateau Haine.
- Choose the “Kill him” response to complete the quest, then pick up Arlange’s sword and shield afterwards.
Return to the Main Walkthrough Page