Dragon Age 2 PC Saved Game Editor Hacks
Super-cool commenter Saboosh brought this to our attention on the Dragon Age 2 Cheats page, and we just had to share it with you — the ability to access and edit your saved games in Dragon Age 2 on PC, and basically reshape the world as you see fit.
It makes you like Neo in The Matrix, except you use a text editor and you (probably) won’t get shot at.
Here’s what you do, care of commenter FearCain over at the Bioware forums.
First, download this file, which we’ve got here on Game Front, and is also available on the Bioware forums. Then you can follow these steps to edit your saved game and amp your stats, add money, or do a few other cool things:
- Go grab the file and open it.
- From within the saved game editor, find and load the .das file of your game. It’ll be fairly small, around 200KB. Find it here: C:Users[username]DocumentsBioWareDragon Age 2Characters[character name]saves[latest autosave directory]
- The editor should show you a screen more or less like this, and you can adjust the numerical values to amp up your various stats.
- Use Save As on your game file. You’ll want to save your original in case something get screwed up.
- If you’ve got more advanced plans, check out the post on the Bioware forums, as FearCain has some really detailed instructions.
- Enjoy totally cheating on Dragon Age 2!
Looking for more cheats, glitches and generally underhanded ways of beating Dragon Age 2 into submission? You’ll want to head over and see the Infinite Gold and Experience Glitch video we’ve made, and also the Item Duplication Glitch video. We’re also building a full text and video game guide,