Drakensang Online Launches out of Beta
Drakensang Online, the browser-based hack-n-slash MMORPG from Bigpoint, is celebrating the end of its beta with nine million registered players. To mark the occasion, the development team is staging a number of in-game events. With the game’s recent Atlantis update, Drakensang’s world and content is now four times as big as when the action RPG first released in open beta almost a year ago.
To show off the game’s biggest content update since launch, with the new continent of Atlantis, Bigpoint has released a new trailer featuring many of the monstrous mobs that stand in the way of players as they make their way to battle the new endboss Gorga.
Check it out:
Drakensang Online Facts:
· Instant Action: Play instantly without download
· Hack-n-slash MMO with thousands of players simultaneously
· Nine million registered players worldwide
· Three archetypes: Spellweaver, Dragonknight and Ranger
· Weekly content updates
· Three talent trees with approx. 100 talents to choose from
· Hundreds of hours of gameplay: crafting, pets, several PvP modes, more than 30 active skills and much, much more…
I look at the trailer, I look at the fact sheet, I look at the screenshots, and I think to myself… “This looks just as good as Diablo 3, yet it runs in your browser. And it’s free.” I’ll need to try this one out for myself — if it’s fun, then Blizzard may be put to shame. Game Front’s Ben Richardson tried out Drakensang Online last summer, and he seems to have rather enjoyed it.
via press release