E3 2008: BioWare Releases Dragon Age: Origins Gameplay Details
BioWare will be showcasing Dragon Age: Origins sometime today during E3, and when they do, you can be sure that Jonathan and Shawn will be blogging on site the information as it is presented. In the meantime, BioWare has released some gamplay details that you can expect from the highly anticipated RPG, which is scheduled for an early release for the PC next year.
Being hailed as the “spiritual successor to Baldur’s Gate”, one of my favorite games of all time I might add, Dragon Age: Origins represents BioWare’s return to its roots, and promises to deliver a fusion of the best elements of fantasy, emotionally-driven narrative, combat, magical abilities and credible digital actors all wrapped up in a lovely dark and mature storyline with mature gameplay.
- Epic Party-Based Combat – Dragon Age: Origins will introduce an innovative, scalable combat system, as players face large-scale battles and use their party’s special abilities to destroy hordes of enemies and massive creatures.
- Powerful Magic – Raining down awesome destruction on enemies is even more compelling as players apply “spell combos,” a way of combining together different spells to create emergent unique effects.
- Deep Customization – Players will develop their characters and gain powerful special abilities (spells, talents and skills) and discover ever-increasing weapons of destruction.
- Your Story, Your Way – With its emotionally compelling story, players choose with whom they wish to forge alliances or crush under their mighty fist, redefining the world with the choices they make and how they wield their power.
- Origin Stories – Players will select and play a unique prelude that provides the lens through which the player sees the world and how the world sees the player. The player’s choice of Origin will determine who they are and where they begin the adventure, as they play through a customized story opening that profoundly impacts the course of every adventure.
For more information, and the latest updates, check back with us later on today after BioWare presents all of these thrilling details at its “closed door” press conference.
Via: Press Release