E3 2008: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise Trailers Show off Some Levels
Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise will be released for the Xbox 360 on September 2nd (for those in North America) and September 5th (Europe). These new trailers featured at E3 are pretty darn cute. The one posted above is the main theatrical trailer while the other two show off the desert and ice levels for the game.
- There will be over 100 different Piñatas in the sequel, including a chicken called ‘Cluck Norriss’, a Yeti (hey, that’s my dog’s name!), gorillas and moose that during Christmas time changes into a reindeer
- You can quickly go from one landscape to the next such as snowy winter wonderlands to deserts to catch these animals and share them with the whole wide world
- There is a special in-game card that will give you infinite amounts of money and will unlock every item in the game
- The game starts in a green control area where you can jump straight into the action without a tutorial so that you do not have to do all the weeding and fertilizing if you do not want to
- All help missions are optional
- Jump straight into the sandbox and play with your garden as you see fit
- You will start with more upgrade tools and money than you did in the first game, that way all you have to do is start enticing Piñatas into your garden and send them off to special parties and birthdays
- Cooperative play will feature the game and you can tend your gardens with pals and while this is only for direct play with the Xbox 360 at this point, Rare is working around the clock to implement this feature on XBL.
- In co-op mode, only the main player will have full control over the game and will not be able to build new houses or other constructions, but can help with tending the garden thus gaining a form of magic for every uselful act than can be used to turn objects in the garden into different things