EA Extends its Take-Two Acquisition Offer Yet Again
The concept of a looming deadline for Electronic Arts’ offer to acquire Take-Two has become a complete joke, as time and again that “deadline” has come and gone, only to be met with nothing more than an extension. That’s the case once again, as Electronic Arts has extended its offer until June 16, but as I said, you’re better off expecting nothing more than yet another extension.
“Extending our offer will allow the FTC review process to continue,” said EA exec Owen Mahoney.
“EA’s offer price remains unchanged at USD 25.74 per share and our offer is still subject to conditions that include regulatory approval. As stated earlier, we retain the right to terminate the offer if the conditions are not satisfied.”
The latest deadline had expired this past Friday with nothing of significance to be reported on. As of this past Friday, more than six million shares of Take-Two had been tendered according to GI.biz, which remains a fairly negligible amount when considering the size of the company.
And so the saga drags on. The shortsighted part of me is happy for this, because all I want at this point is to end up with NBA 2K9 later this year, not NBA Live 2K9.