Enhancements Coming to Earthrise MMO
Well, developer Masthead Studios has been listening to player feedback and has released a list of features and enhancements it’ll be integrating in April and May:
- Resurrection mechanics – A feature chosen in February by the Earthrise community as part of the “Choose your game feature” official forum.
- Quest hints on the minimap – Players will have a clear indicator on the minimap as to where they need to go to work on their quest task.
- Parties will share battle points, levels of contribution and karma from a killed enemy.
- Item and vehicle painting – Crafters will be able to produce paint and sell/give it to other players so they can personalize their armor, weapons and vehicles.
- Guild diplomacy – Guilds will be able to declare war on other guilds and build allies. Guilds at war with each other will be flagged red and the affiliation of their members will not change if they kill each other. Guilds that are allies with other guilds will be considered one entity and all mechanics will work as if they were one guild.
- Improved chat window with customizable tabs, font and messages.
- Friends/ignore list.
- Improvements to the monster AI.
- Force attack toggle on and off.
- Resurrection points will have an affiliation.
- Inverse kinematics of the main characters.
- Improved shadows.
- Continued client and server performance improvements.
Director of Masthead Studios, Atanas Atanasov, had this to say:
We are very excited about the new items that we are currently finalizing, and appreciate all of the constructive feedback that we consistently receive from our dedicated community. We will continue to seek player input to conduct future developments and could not be more energized about the future of Earthrise.
This is definitely a step in the right direction for Earthrise. Quest hints on the minimap are a great boon, and the improvements to monster AI and server performance look promising. Keep at it, Masthead.