ET: Quake Wars Demo Details
As I had mentioned earlier this week, Splash Damage will be releasing the Quake Wars PC demo on Monday. Today we get to know a little more about what to expect come Monday.
The Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars PC Demo comes with the final version of Valley, one of the larger battlegrounds in the game. Set in Yosemite, California, Valley has the Global Defense Force on the attack, as they attempt to foil a Strogg contamination plot centering on a water treatment facility. Valley features a great blend of close quarters infantry action, vehicle battles and aircraft dogfights, and the varied terrain combining mountains, waterways, tunnels and industrial structures allows for many different playing styles. To top it all off, there’s a multitude of optional side missions and plenty of opportunities to try out the various defense turrets, artillery and radar deployables – Valley is a prime example of the frantic and diverse action you’ll find in Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars.
So we’re getting just a single map to play, albeit one of the bigger maps in QW. While we are waiting for the eternity known as Monday to arrive, Splash Damage have provided a nice Valley Map Guide for our perusal (and you know the boy scout motto). The demo will also show the final XP and weapon balance, player movement, and vehicle handling. For those of you who were in the last beta, the Valley Map itself has been tweaked for balance now.
For those shy or broadband challenged souls, fear not, the Quake Wars demo will feature bots. The bots can also be summoned to online games to fill those empty slots. For those who are a little more savvy, Splash Damage is also including a standalone server and server launcher tool. LAN play is also supported.
Splash Damage have also finalized the system requirements for Quake Wars. So if you are curious as to your PC’s worthiness, have a look-see after the break. Finally, Splash Damage is inviting the public to join them in their IRC demo launch party. Mention of a Quake Wars demo tournament was also given.
- SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS
- Microsoft(R) Windows(R) XP/Vista (Windows 95/98/ME/2000 are unsupported)
- Microsoft DirectX(R) 9.0c (included)
- CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 2.8 GHz or AMD(R) Athlon(TM) XP 2800+
- processor (Pentium 4 3.0GHz or equivalent for Windows Vista)
- RAM: 512MB RAM (768MB for Windows Vista)
- Video Card: 128MB NVIDIA(R) Geforce(TM) 5700 or ATI(TM) Radeon(TM) 9700 (full list of supported chipsets below)
- Sound Card: 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
- HDD Space: 750MB of free hard drive space, plus 200MB for Windows swap file
- Internet: Broadband connection and service required for full gameplay and downloads. Features may change without notice.
- NVIDIA GeforceFX Series (5700 or higher, not including 5700LE and 5700VE)
- NVIDIA Geforce 6 Series (6200 or higher)
- NVIDIA Geforce 7 Series (7300 or higher)
- NVIDIA Geforce 8 Series
- ATI Radeon 9700 or higher
- ATI Radeon X700 or higher
- ATI Radeon X1650 or higher
SUPPORTED VIDEO CHIPSETS
Via ET:QW Dev Blog