EVE Online Optional Patch Solves Problems With Running Multiple Clients
CCP has released an new optional patch for EVE Online: Empyrean Age. Patch 1.0.0-4 should clear up some issues experienced by players running multiple clients. There are also a few server side issues handled in the latest build that would benefit most players. Here’s a run down of changes in the patch:
Empyrean Age 1.0.0-4 Server-Side changes, released 25 June 2008
- Changes have been made to Ranking advancement within Factional Warfare. Progressing through ranks now requires greater effort. No one ever said being a General comes easy.
- An exploit issue has been fixed, making EVE a better world to live in for us all.
- Some fixes have been made to forum portrait rendering.
- A GM tool has been fixed allowing the Game Masters to help you better.
Empyrean Age 1.0.0-4 Optional Client changes, released 25 June 2008
- The Cache Size option in the ESC menu would always be set to High, no matter what value was selected/displayed, this has now been fixed. Note: Changing the Cache Size in the ESC menu to Low should reduce memory usage at the cost of possible longer loading times.
- A new instance of the warp sound was being loaded into memory each time a player warps a ship within the same solar system, these instances would pile up until he changed session.
Optional patches can be installed or uninstalled through the ESC menu. Players who experience problems with the patch are encouraged to file a bugreport and attach a logfile of the run.
via EVE Online