Fable 2 Release Date Revealed; Collector's Edition Detailed
Good news, Fable fans. An official release date for the upcoming Fable 2 has finally been revealed, and that date is (dun dun dun dunnnn) October 21st. Hmm, I doubt I’ll be totally done with Fallout 3 by that point — since it releases two weeks earlier — but that probably won’t stop me from picking this one up as well. In addition to the release date, there are now official details on what to expect in the Collector’s Edition of the game:
- Bonus DVD – Includes new ‘Making-of Feature’ with Peter Molyneux and the team at Lionhead Studios and concept art viewer
- Bonus In-Game Content (Requires LIVE account) – Includes “The Hall of the Dead” Dungeon, “The Wreckager” Legendary Cutlass Weapon and Otherworldly Bonus
- Collectible Hobbe figure with accessories – From the Qee Collection comes this one-of-a-kind Hobbe figure. Nasty, brutish, and short, he roams the countryside, preying on travelers and spiriting away the children of the unwary.
- 48-hour Xbox LIVE Gold Trial Card – With Xbox LIVE Gold, players can show off their individual hero by inviting friends into their unique version of Albion or they can visit their friends’ Albion, and earn additional gold, experience and renown to take back into their own.
- Five printed Fate Cards – These five beautiful cards foretell the Hero’s great destiny to journey across all of Albion, encountering deadly enemies and enigmatic allies. The path leads to a choice that will change the world forever.
Don’t know if all that’s really worth the extra few bucks the Collector’s Edition will cost, but Fable 2 is still on my ever-growing list of games that will keep me broke during the rest of the year.
Via GamerScore Blog