Fable III Confirmed for PC, Gets Pricing and Collector's Edition
The internet has been buzzing with the rumor that Fable III could be coming to PC, as we told you last week. With that leak out there, it looks like Lionhead decided to just go ahead and set the rumors to rest by announcing that it would in fact be available on PC.
On its website, Lionhead says that Fable III will be available in both Standard and Collector’s Editions on 360, and Standard Edition on PC. The Standard Edition will cost $59.99 on 360, and $49.99 on PC. The Collector’s Edition on 360 will run you $79.99. For those of you who prefer digital distribution, you’ll also be able to grab Fable III through Games on Demand on Games for Windows – Live.
No word yet on a PC Collector’s Edition, but as it wasn’t announced here, I wouldn’t hold your breath. No release date was given, but we still know that it’s due out before the end of this year. You can see a picture of the Collector’s Edition above, and we’ve got full details on the goodies within right after the break.
The Fable III Collector’s Edition will contain the following:
- A new quest: Uncover the mystery of the haunted forests of Silverpines and earn the legendary sword, Wolfsbane, deadly against wolves and balverines.
- Exclusive location: Unlock a new region, ideal for settling down with a family and discovering new treasures.
- Fable III playing cards: Created by Lionhead, these cards depict every type of character in Fable III, including Heroes, royals, rebels and villains from across Albion and beyond.
- Guild Seal Coin: The coin features a Good side (blue) and Evil side (red) to assist players in making critical decisions that will impact the fate of the world forever.
- # A new dog breed: Renowned for its loyalty, the Boxer is a brave canine companion worthy of greatest Queens and Kings.
- One unique outfit: Unearth one male and female outfit from the mysterious, faraway land of Aurora, a new destination in your Fable III adventures.