Fallout: New Vegas Collector's Edition Announced
I hope I’m not the only one who still has his Fallout 3 lunchbox from the Collector’s Edition on the shelf above my desk, along with the Vault Boy Bobblehead. Bethesda put together a nice package for Fallout 3, and now they’ve revealed what we can expect in the Collector Edition of the next Fallout game, Fallout: New Vegas.
As you can see in the picture of the content, there’s a ton of stuff in here, and it’s packed into a nicely weathered package. GameStop is listing the Collector’s Edition for $69.99 (you can pre-order it here), just about what the Fallout 3 one ran.
Pete Hines, VP of PR and Marketing at Bethesda, says, “We’re offering this very cool collector’s edition to give fans the opportunity to own some of the items that they’ll discover while playing Fallout: New Vegas. We are also expanding their experience with the game by including a top-notch graphic novel worthy of the Fallout name and a DVD that gives them a behind-the-scenes look at how the game was created.” So, what is all that stuff?
In that pre-stressed box, you’ll find:
- Lucky 7 poker chips. Each of the seven poker chips was designed to represent chips from the major casinos found on the New Vegas strip and throughout the Mojave Wasteland.
- A fully customized Fallout: New Vegas deck of cards. Each card in the pack has been uniquely illustrated to depict characters and factions found within the game. Use the cards to play poker, blackjack or Caravan, an original card game that was created by Obsidian especially for New Vegas!
- A recreation of the game’s highly coveted “Lucky 38″ platinum chip.
- A hardcover graphic novel “All Roads,” that tells the story of some of the characters and events that lead up to Fallout: New Vegas. “All Roads” was written by Chris Avellone, the game’s creative director, and created in conjunction with Dark Horse Comics.
- The Making of Fallout: New Vegas DVD. This documentary DVD will contain exclusive video content, including interviews with the developers in which they take you from concept to creation and discuss topics such as story, setting, legacy of the Fallout franchise and more.
No word on what the release date will be, just a reference to Fall 2010. I’m not gonna lie to you folks, I am really looking forward to this one. The inclusion of the graphic novel and the Making of DVD means this is a must buy for me.