Far Cry 3 Easter Egg Guide
The Rook Islands of Far Cry 3 are home to more than just psychopathic killers, there are loads of easter eggs. Check out the expanding list below, which we’ll keep updated with new videos and entries these hidden inclusions are uncovered. Learn how to find McLovin’s head, why Christmas was cancelled, and what happens when you get seasick without a boat. Your eyes do not deceive you, and drop us a comment if you’ve found an secret joke we’ve missed.
More Far Cry 3 Extras, Hints, and Secrets
Easter Eggs Guide
Sea Sick Soldier
- Travel to the far southeastern outpost on North Rook Island and liberate it. Start at the flag marker, and travel directly south.
- Eventually, when the player hits the ocean, take a look under the waves to find something special.
- A soldier is posed underwater with his head in a toilet bowl. Classy.
- The Insane Edition of Far Cry 3 comes with special missions called Lost Expeditions. One of the expeditions is called “Ignition in the Deep”.
- Run up the mountain path to find the bunker entrance with the mission inside. After collecting four key items, you’ll find the lift does not work and need to press a button on the computer console.
- When pressing the button, you’ll get a “Would you kindly?” reference in the dialogue, famously spoken as a mind-control phrase in Bioshock.
Crystal Blue Persuasion
- Memory Card #16 talks about formulas for cooking meth. The pirates talk about losing business to a new formula of meth coming out of New Mexico.
- The show Breaking Bad takes place in New Mexico, where a terminally ill school teacher cooks his own brand of blue crystal meth.
Source: [Ross via the Comments]
Follow the Creed
- In the same mission mentioned above, you can find background information indicating that the Japanese scientists in the lab were actually Templars — a group that famously feature as the main villains of the Assassin’s Creed franchise.
- On the lab folders, you can also spy an Abstergo symbol. Abstergo, in the Assassin’s Creed universe, is a modern version of the Templars.
Christmas = Cancelled
- In the bunker, look closely at the “Warning” label on the boiler. It reads:
- Christmas has been canceled.
Apparently, you told Santa you’ve been nice this year.
He has died from laughing.
Map Coordinates: X: 620.5, Y: 557.7.
- This tie-in to the “Far Cry Experience” video series from Machinima shows actor Christopher Mintz-Plasse (of McLovin fame) in a very unfortunate situation.
- Travel to the map coordinates above to see his fate. In the fourth episode of the video series, viewers could vote whether Christopher lives or dies after being captured and dug neck-deep in sand.
- Travel to the south-eastern edge of North Rook Island, and liberate the Broken Neck Home outpost. Next, grab a boat or walk northwest up the beach.
- Keep going until you find a tree with several quite-dead people hanging from the branches. Look on the beach itself for a glowing head at the map coordinates: X: 620.5, Y: 557.7 — just interact with it, and you’ll unlock this achievement.