Far Cry 3 Will Have a ‘Critical’ Day One Patch, Ubisoft Says
Far Cry 3 has one of those more and more omnipresent Critical Day One Patches coming for its European launch tomorrow, and Ubisoft has rolled out the notes of what it’ll fix or otherwise adjust.
Most of the changes seem to be aimed at multiplayer, but Ubisoft has said that the patch is important, noting that you’ll need to install it for the “optimal game experience.” There’s a rather cryptic addition that purportedly will help the game’s stability and performance, and given that it’s not enumerated in this “critical” patch, I’d say that there’s a lot of “critical” stuff behind those words.
The patch should come down automatically when you download the game, or you can snag it manually from here.
Here’s Ubisoft’s complete list of changes:
- Improved overall Multiplayer stability and performance.
- Added SHOW TOP, SHOW YOU, PAGE UP and PAGE DOWN options in Leaderboards.
- Fix the voice chat issue that would mute players by default.
- Lobby chat can now be accessed when a controller is connected.
- Fixed graphical issues on loading screen hints.
- Fixed the issue that would prevent maps from being displayed or randomized the first time a user enters Public Co-op.
- Health regeneration option no longer has inverted functionality.
- “Flare gun” kills are no longer considered as Assist kills.
- Fixed ground texture resolution.
- Grass surrounding fire spawns no longer remain red on Firestorm maps.
- Improved white objects thumbnails legibility.
- Users can now start a private match in 1 player on user created maps.
- Improved game stability and performance.
- Fixed issues with flickering on specific water textures.
- Fixed small UI glitches related to different display resolutions.
- “Weapon cache” mission: Mission Zone and Mission Marker no longer stays on mini-map and on screen after mission completion.
- Crafting items are now auto selected when entering a new crafting category.
- Added sound when zooming in and out the camera with the mouse scroll button.
Via PC Gamer.