Far Cry Mod–Assault Coop
A mod that has been in the works for ages, Assault Coop delivers what it promises–cooperative gameplay for Far Cry. The original singleplayer campaign has been converted for co-op play, and an Assault Coop game mode randomizes the number, position, and behavior of enemies to provide a unique experience during each play through.
Improved blood particle effects and additional pre-textured models jazz up the game’s aesthetics, and custom maps provide a new challenge for those veterans who have memorized the stock maps.
Assault Coop includes:
- Campaign Coop (all 20 original maps converted to coop)
- FFA/TDM maps – wave game mode (waves of enemies spawn)
- ASSAULT maps – coop game mode (clear out the bases)
- ASSAULT PX maps – defense game mode (defend the flag from enemy capture)
- Custom maps
- Custom model packs
- Flameknight7′s Assault Coop mappers guide
- Bug-fixes & more
Here’s some gameplay footage of an original Far Cry map converted to coop:
And a coop game just wouldn’t be a coop game without a zombie mode:
I don’t know why, but I’ve always found the “fake” zombies from zombie mods more frightening than zombies in actual zombie games. That video doesn’t change my mind.
Download flameknight7′s Assault Coop mod here.