February Is Now Battlefield 4 Player Appreciation Month
It’s been a rough few months for Battlefield 4. Despite crashing and stability issues, that have refused to disappear since its launch in October 2013, BF4 has been unaffected by these glitches (from a sales point of view), and over 1.6 million players have signed on for BF4 Premium.
In light of the rocky road, DICE and EA have dubbed February, “Battlefield 4 Player Appreciation Month.” Beginning this weekend, DICE will be throwing tons of free stuff at the BF4 player base to make up for the less-than-perfect Levolution experience.
From DICE GM Karl Magnus Troedsson, via the Battlefield Blog:
“To thank you for your dedication and support, I’d like to announce the Battlefield 4 Player Appreciation Month. Starting on Saturday, February 1, DICE is saying THANK YOU to all players by hosting a month filled with fun community missions and daily giveaways that you get just for jumping into a match.
We appreciate all of the great feedback you continue to provide about all aspects of Battlefield 4. We take this very seriously, and hearing directly from you has helped to make the experience better. The latest information on our game updates can always be found in the BF4 Control Room, including a few new additions that I’m pleased to say are coming soon.”
Here’s what you can expect to see in BF4 this month, Premium account or not (except for the Premium-specific gifts, of course):
- Battlepacks: Every day you log in and play in a BF4 match, you’ll get a free Bronze or Silver Battlepack.
- Shortcuts: All BF4 players will get grenade and handgun shortcuts for free. No matter where you are in the ranking or unlock processes, you’ll have the option to unlock all grenades and handguns, grind-free. Premium players will also get access to DMR and Shotgun shortcuts.
- Double XP Weekend: There will be a 2XP weekend for all BF4 players at some point in February. If I had to guess, I would count this weekend (Super Bowl), and the weekend of 14th-16th out (Valentine’s Day, and maybe a Titanfall beta event). Premium members will get a second 2XP weekend as well.
- Community Missions: “You will be able to participate in global DICE Community Missions where you will work together to unlock Gold Battlepacks. During the first of these Community-wide challenges, we will ask you to grab a set number of dog tags during a specified time. More details on this first Community Mission in Battlefield 4 to follow.”
- Developer Talks: Expect a slew of developer interviews over the next few weeks, with many of them being AMA format engagements.
A number of tweaks are also hitting BF4 soon, including netcode changes and stability fixes. Any and all news on the patch side will appear in the BF4 Control Room.
How has your BF4 experience been lately? Smooth sailing? Or are you still seeing crashing and error messages on your system of choice? Let us know down in the comments.