Combat Mission Battle for Normandy
Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy v1.01 Patch (Mac)
This patch will update your CMBN game to v1.01, which includes many enhancements and improvements. A list of the new features in v1.01 is in the extended description.
NEW v1.01 GAME FEATURES
- Moving vehicles fire their weapons with further reduced accuracy.
- Spotting ability of buttoned-up vehicles is further reduced.
- Fixed a graphical bug that could cause a Puma crew to rotate outside the vehicle.
- Vehicles that lose an unbuttoned crewman to small-arms fire are more likely to pop smoke and/or retreat like they typically do when the vehicle itself takes a hit.
- Armor penetrations through a vehicle's main gun mantlet are not reported as hits on other locations.
- Hit text for projectiles that enter an open vehicle hatch says "Hit: Opening" rather than turret or hull.
- Corrected a rare problem that could cause tank drivers to remember "threat locations" for too long and rotate the vehicle inappropriately.
- In a campaign game, if a tank is in working order but its crew is decimated, the tank will not appear in the next battle only to immediately become "knocked out" due to having a decimated crew.
- Rhino vehicles are additionally available in August.
- Fixed a bug that prevented ricochets off a Panther lower mantlet into the hull top (though this intentionally remains rare).
- The glacis/hull-roof armor plate on the Tiger front is thicker.
- SPW 250/9, SPW 251/9, and SPW 251/10 halftracks will button up under fire like most other vehicles do.
- PSW 222 crew is now commander/loader, gunner, and driver.
- PSW 222 and PSW 223 are capable of firing weapons after losing a crewman, and have slightly improved commander's visiblity when buttoned up.
- Troops hiding in trenches or foxholes get better protection from shrapnel.
- Concealment in foxholes is increased.
- Corrected a problem that protected soldiers when a wall was behind them, but not enough when a wall was in front of them.
- The distance between a soldier and bocage where the soldier may see through the bocage is slightly shortened.
- Direct hits do more damage to trees.
- Trees are less likely to block large projectiles consistently.
- Tree placement remains precisely consistent each time you load/play a particular scenario.
- Corrected a problem that sometimes switched attacking and defending sides.
- The unit auto-purchaser is improved.
- Air support may only be purchased during daytime with clear or hazy weather.
- The "Random Service" option works properly.
- Artillery is a little less precise.
- When a forward observer cannot see where spotting rounds impact, he will usually require another round to be fired rather than skip ahead to fire-for-effect with poor accuracy.
- Corrected a problem that sometimes caused artillery missions targeted near a TRP to "prepare" indefinitely.
- Pre-planned missions for on-map artillery won't ever use spotting rounds.
- Corrected an accuracy problem that could affect the first rounds of pre-planned artillery strikes using the Line pattern.
- White phosphorous (smoke) does not cause unrealistically high casualties.
- Soldiers are less likely to use SMGs at longer ranges.
- Soldiers are less likely to fire on exposed tank crew.
- Soldiers can spot anti-tank mines (in addition to anti-personnel mines).
- Corrected some problems with mortars in direct-fire mode.
- Soldiers are less likely to use explosive weapons for area-fire at very short range.
- Soldiers won't set up heavy weapons on the precise edge of the map.
- The TacAI pays a bit less attention to unarmed vehicle targets.
- Soldiers aim better when area-firing into an immediately adjacent building.
- Corrected some problems with soldier placement around heavy weapons in foxholes.
- Soldiers are quicker to stop attempting to surrender if friendly soldiers are nearby and enemies are not.
- HMG assistants can cower under fire like the rest of their team.
- Troops may throw grenades from buildings at open-topped vehicles.
- Grenade throwing obeys covered arc orders.
- Grenades won't roll through building walls.
- Corrected some minor pathing problems across bridges.
- Troops are more willing to move across nearby fords rather than use distant bridges.
- Antitank guns won't attach to vehicles that are too small to tow them.
- Corrected a problem that potentially allowed an antitank gun team to move the gun into a building.
- Keyboard camera controls are smoother (Windows version).
- When placing troops in a building during setup, if you click on a soldier or its icon (instead of the building) to set the destination, it won't cause the moving troops to float in midair.
- Trenches and barbed-wires "remember" their rotations if moved to a location that is not adjacent to other trenches or barbed-wire.
- When attaching targeting orders to a waypoint, the range display is calculated from the waypoint, not the unit's current location.
- Corrected a problem with area-targeting a non-occupiable roof of a building.
- Clicking Exit or New in the Editor brings up a confirmation dialog.
- Less framerate is devoted to showing wind blowing through trees.
- MP40 ammo pouches display correctly on German soldiers.
- Fixed a disappearing "gable" on a couple of barns.
- Updated US rank icons.
- Fixed some out-of-memory problems.
- Adjusted the point values for bunkers.
- File Name:
- File Size:
- 47.93 MB
- Date Added:
- Download Last 2 Week:
- Downloads All Time: