Aerial Combat Final v3.1b
Aerial Combat Final v3.1b
Aerial Combat :: Final Release v3.1b
A Battlefield 2 Map by Agent-K-01 / [BITS] Squad / Australia
Release Date: 6th March 2006
Copy the "Aerial_Combat" Folder contained in this Zip archive into the "levels" folder on your PC at: X:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\levels (where "X" is the letter of your HDD)
Running the Map Standalone / Singleplayer:
This map does NOT include a single player mode. To explore the map by yourself use Mutiplayer and create a local server game on your PC). You can even test capturing flags etc by typing the following command into the console once you are in the map. "sv.numPlayersNeededToStart 1".
Additions/Fixes in this version:
* Added 2 Seater Jets to both teams in 64 Player
* Replaced on F35B with an F-18 for both 32 & 64 Player
* Improved Sky, Water & Fog visuals
* Improved terrain under water in lagoon and around islands.
* 16/32/64 Player game modes with varied combat areas and vehicles.
* Added additional Anti-Air to roof of Resort on 64 Player
* 16 Player map does not utilise carriers (Ground/Parachute based).
* Improved Vegetation detail slightly.
* Modified Flag Capture times and conditions.
* Created destroyable UAV and SAT Trailer for US team in 16 Player.
* Reduced size of download zip to approx 20MB.
* No Single Player/BOTS mode (Possible Future Release)
* Terrain Shadowmaps not working on vehicles.
This will be my final release of Aerial Combat. If there you are mapper/modder and are interested in adding single player support for this map and/or modifying the map slightly for inclusion in a tournament or mod, please let me know and I'll be happy to allow it.
Well here it is, the Final version of Aerial Combat, a carrier/island map for BF2. There are several things that I never got around to finishing, like working vehicle shadowmaps, and ambient sounds, but this version is a big improvement over the Beta. I've made it much more difficult to get the Kuan Ti, and spent a lot of time trying to balance the map so it's fun for both teams. Jet lovers might complain that there aren't enough Jets in 32 player (and none in 16 player), but there are 4 a side with 64 Players so that should keep em happy. This map should have something for everyone, even those who can't fly to save there life (you might want to know how to parachute though). I've had a lot of feedback about this map, and I really do appreciate it. I have tried to take everyone's comments and suggestions into account for this release, and I think the map will be better for it. If you find an obvious fault that needs fixing, email me at email@example.com
Thanks go out to:
- [BITS] Djnapkin for hosting all early Beta tests of this map.
- [BITS] Drinno for starting me down the road of a carrier vs carrier map.
- All members of [BITS] squad who helped test this map.
- Totalbf2.com for publicising the Beta 3.0 version (and hopefully this one).
- Everyone at the bf2editor.org Forums (Anyone who's used the editor knows that making a map from scratch without the forum, is like trying to fly a helicopter blindfolded)
- File Name:
- File Size:
- 20.46 MB
- Date Added:
- Download Last 2 Week:
- Downloads All Time: