Fixes and changes in v2.1.0
-Operation Husky: New campaign added for purchase. Includes 33 new units, 9 single player and 6 multiplayer scenarios.
- Swap order - can now swap the position of 2 units with enough APs to prevent gridlock
- Promotions stars do not pop up and reveal the position of enemy units.
- The surrender logic has been changed to make it harder for vehicles to force infantry in cover to surrender to prevent gamey use of halftracks
- Units don’t take reaction shots against suppressed enemy units unless there is a significant chance of destroying them
- When forced to retreat, there is a stronger preference for retreating away from enemy
- Any reaction shots are shown on the UI panels
- Option to hide enemy UI during AI turn
- Compass added to main game view
- Option for larger, fixed orientation minimap
- Other UI enhancements
- Russian language support added
- Fixed various game play bugs
- Numerous additional script commands for the mod community
The update brings with it bug fixes and updates to the new multiplayer maps, as well as other bug fixes to keep the gameplay experience running smoothly.
- Multiplayer Force Selection
- 2D modding option. Use 2D unit graphics and objects for modded campaigns. (PC/Mac only)
- Improved font rendering speed.
- fixed some mission script bugs.
- AI bug fixes.
- New AI script commands Get/SetTeamOrder for sequence of moves.
- improved memory footprint and much smaller savegame files.
- can now set VP plugin count to 9 to allow \"defend\" missions for all 8 VPs.
- Fixed an out of synch bug in multiplayer.
The update comes just in time for the release of the iPad version of Battle Academy, marking the first foray into portable gaming for the franchise.