Decisive Campaigns Case Blue
o Fixes a bug with oob customizations and divisional bonus
o In the statistics the lines saying n/a no longer popup
o A number of Army/Front level cards have been fixed in that any air or naval assets no longer get any effect of the card and also the bug that allowed some cards to be played on its self is fixed.
o If you start in Trappenjagd the Germans will have a chance to get some Karl Gerat replacements
during May-June and also will get a few extra 210mm guns.
o Reinforcement unit cards of aircraft can now only be placed on airfields.
o Reinforcement cards cannot be played on locations with less than 800 structural points (thus not on lightly damaged towns or heavily damaged cities).
o Reinforcement units arrive with only 50AP and with 25% readiness reduction.
o Red attack arrows no longer appear on the map when moving aircraft.
o Clicking in the detailed troop list and returning no longer resets listbox to top of list.
o You can no longer play aircraft reinforcement unit cards during bad weather (since they would have arrived without bonus and would have been usable from your high command HQ).
o Romenko staff points fixed.
o A number of issues with reinf list dates have been fixed including 203rd Rifle division and 2nd Hungarian Armoured Division arrival dates.
o The swapped prestige point statistics in Uranus have been fixed
o Hiryashev staff points fixed
o New Soviet ferry rule introduced. Port towns and all cities can ferry supplies over river to the other side. This ferry capacity reduces a river barrier for their supply system calculations. The ferry affectivity is also modified by any port damage. So it’s possible for the Germans to seriously hurt the supply stream by bombing the harbor.
o Lowered the cost of the Soviet Tiblisi card to 100 points.
o Stalingrad+Baku sudden death German victory rule replaced by Grozny+Baku sudden death rule because it is indeed more realistic to award victory on the actual final goals of Case Blue than the rather diversionary Stalingrad town.
o Action cards had no effect on naval and air units, but now it is also no longer allowed to play action cards on naval or air units at all.
o Fixed a bug with transport aircraft being allowed missions and ranges that are out of action point range of the aircraft in question and also improved the GUI that now shows aircraft range and predicted area supplied.
o Supply drop range from drop-point for air supply has been reduced severely. Now uses land transfer movement type instead of supply movement type.
o Maikop minor order wrong hex gets prestige point assigned bug fixed
o Soviet High Command considers its strategic position one point lower while assigning minor orders until end of august 1942. This means Soviet minor orders will tend to be defensive in Trappenjagd.
o Problem with destroying bridges on frozen rivers repaired for new games and diminished for running games.
o Subunit creation exploit fixed.
o Airlift operations now minimally cost you 40 AP to fly. This means maximum 2 flights per transporter unit.
- Sevastopol extra auto-repair is now working as it should in all rounds (as opposed to only in round 1). Also raised the extra auto-repair from 250 points to 350 points. If you keep some red fighter units on intercept it should be possible to keep Sevastopol in supply now.
- German minor orders will no longer be issued outside the historical area scope of the Case Blue plan. Roughly following the Don River – Stalingrad – Wolga – Astrakhan line. Everything north of that line will not be used for minor orders.
- Trappjagd will now not let Soviets have major orders initially because Soviets now only get major orders at level 6 or higher (used to be level 5 or higher).
- U-2 acts as bomber now; no more kamikaze intercepts by this bi-plane bomber.
- Make High Command actually tell you "it agrees to not give you the order again, but that you still have to fulfill your current order" if you play an avoid card but already received the order before playing it. Also adjusted the text on the avoid cards to mention “again” so it is clear it will not cancel your current order.
- Fixed a bug with the avoid Krasnodar, Grozny and Baku cards not working as intended.
- Supply is no longer already consumed in setup turn when playing with free setup variant on.
- Made sure all TC are attached to OKH in all scenarios
- Changed OOB: One infantry regiment with half trucks and one infantry regiment with halftrack complement for Panzer Divisions and PzG Divisions.
- Changed mouse over for add subunits to be correct
- Increased highlighting of divisional parts and HQ subordinates and made hex highlight a bit more visible on snow hexes (have to start new scenario to see this)
- Prestige targets of AI no longer show up on map while you are looking at its moves
- Uranus scenario now has correct new transport ship settings as well (from v1.02)
- Ships passengers no longer lose AP when taking a shortcut and moving through a port hex without stopping there.
- Hungarian message for own army control fixed
- Italian Air Corps and other Axis Minor air corps can get reinforcements delivered now (also in running games)
- Artemovsk double town bug fixed -> Woroshilowsk replaces most eastern Artermovsk.
- Auto-Recover from strange negative AP bug
- Recon does no longer destroy any completely empty units in the target hex.
- Remove the avoid card if Stalingrad or other town is already held.
- Changed Tiflis -> Tiblissi on map and Charkow ->Kharkov
- Game now ignores case sensitivity in pbem++ username tests within the game (since the PBEM++ server isn’t case sensitive either)
- Fixed a bug with crash on enemy sea unit in FOW
- Fixed a bug with a crash if you cancelled move by clicking outside highlighted area and then would follow up with clicking hq link. Fixed a bug with the AI in final stages of defeat taking really long to process engineering moves.
- Give major order avoid actioncards back (since they have been taken away after capturing the objective) to player if not played yet and you lose a key city.
- Added variant for FOW on statistics for players who don’t want to be able to see the Soviet force size and composition. All statistics will become visible after the game has been won however.
- Oil more strained. 2k less oil for Germany at start. Even 1k less in August. Even 1k less in Sept.
- Make sea 2 instead of 3 AP points for soviet sea supply to avoid too much damage to the west of Caucasus if rail link is cut.
- Soviet reinforcements Extra infantry 700 per round in July&Aug [10K per month extra] and 1400 extra per round in Sep&Oct [20K per month extra]. This means that by November the Soviets will have received 60K extra troops.
- Max command points saved up for any officer is 20.
- Made the offensive corps and army cards slightly less effective. Also fixed a calculation mistake in Gamble, it will now actually misfire sometimes, making it a real gamble. Also adjusted the cost of a number of cards upwards and one (Supervise defense) downwards.
- 4 Coastal Garissons added for Germans in Odessa, Nikolaya and 2 in Crimea: Trappenjagd, Case Blue and Uranus
- Volume control added for background music and for sound effects in the preferences tab
- Artillery and Flak are more vulnerable in combat with infantry now. Staff is more vulnerable in combat with infantry and tanks now.
- Mentioned in mouse over that combat and morale mod bonus for officer is not active if not at the lowest HQ level.
- Change wording of high command orders so it’s clear you have to hold a target also at the start of your turn.
- Set instace_challenge to filesize check (server & client) as well to avoid corrupt files sizes in the instance of issueing the challenge.
- Changed the algorithm for axis minor reinforcements so there will be some reinforcements always. But less if spirits are lower. This should ensure enough staff is actually coming in to build armies for your axis minor armies in the early campaign starts.
Fixed a bug with the AI in final stages of defeat taking really long to process
Fixed a bug caused by playing a regime card in the middle of giving an attack
order (like air attack).
Fixed a bug with big map modus and switching back to small map modus using
PgUp while in the middle of issuing an attack order.
Fixed a bug with the 1st Panzer Army campaign where newly created units or
empty units (by add (sub)unit) where not properly transferred to the next level.
Karl Gerat, 200 hp instead of 40
Aircobra P39 graphic is now correct
Endless battle bug in AI with naval attacks on port should be fixed.
Alfredo Guzzioni combat bonus glitch fixed
Arial Font issue with some systems missing arial is now solved. All Arial fonts are
now loaded from internal font directory.
Stated in intcp mouse over that only fighters will intercept also double checked
that no bombers are actually intercepting by accident.
There was an issue with the Germans getting told they have 1 minor order but not
seeing any items in the list. This is fixed.
When setting replacements to prio they got counted double in request stats. This
glitch is fixed. Also a minor bug has been fixed with some units being allowed to
request too many troops if they were very close to their full complement.
X and T hotkey no longer cause a crash
Fixed a bug where AI kept attacking a port hex until infinity
Fixed a bug where the AIs Stavka unit got corrupted. This bug when it is found
during a running game is fixed with this version on the fly.
An ai related bug
A pbem++ bug with some non US culture-region settings, like Norwegian.
When pbem++ you can now abort registration properly and use login with existing
Combat popup artwork for soviet side now correct.
Fixed a Bug with aircraft not doing any structural damage when not faced with
1st Panzer Army campaign save in last turn and reload bug (ComradeP) is fixed.
Karl Gerat … x5 attack. (still forgot the hitpoints, its on the list for the next
Caprione 311 logo vales and quite a few other aircraft used the right stats but did
not show them in their pop up window=> fixed.
1st PzA replacement troops are now working as they should!
A bug related with playing a card like 'emergency troops' and having certain tabs
open like the OOB tab has been fixed.
When clicking OOB tab close you click through on map => fixed.
Some small fixes in editor and for import zip function.
Editor Add SfType bug fixed.
Changed the d100 dice throw for intercept algorithm, this should fix issue with too
often too large amount of enemy interceptors or to often too little amount of
If by some freak accident the pbem++ file (or any savefile) is corrupt the game
will exit more gracefully and actually tell you why it exits.
All scenarios now no longer allow playing an officer card on unit that has changed
HQ in the current turn.
For modding: When loading ZIP game will now display any readme.txt file
contents to player and if a file has been written to the mods/ directory the game
will advise the player to restart the game.
For modding purposes: Regime Pen color is now not used for the natocounters and
all text in the color is now correctly rendered in the Pen color. This should allow
for modding really light counters and using black pen on top of them. If none of
the rgb values of the Pen is above 128 then the text shadow is also dropped.
Message text with Intelligence card reply improved and correct strategic position
of enemy now given. (R)
Renamed reinf group light tanks to light-med tanks to take away some confusion.
So PzIIs, PzIIIs, Pz38s, Pz35s are reinfgroup ‘light-med’ and PzIVs are reinfgroup
Moved Hungarian Corps to Black Sea Coast in Case Blue Campaign Scenarios.
Also moved a Security division in Uranus to the Black Sea Coast.
Made cargoships and barges weaker and thus more easily destroyed (50% less
hitpoints) as well as reducing the transport capacity of cargoships from 4 to 3
weight points per ship.
Message text with Intelligence card reply improved and correct strategic position
of enemy now given.
Now game doesn’t number newly created Soviet Engineer groups, it’s more
Azov is now a port so Rostov can be kept in supply when encircled, in all
AA / Flak now have higher symbol value so it shows on counter in silhouette mod.
14th Panzer missing from Stalingrad 6th Army, added it to both Uranus scenarios.
16th Motorized added to Case Blue campaign scenarios but not to Voronezh
Reduced number of trucks, halftracks and tanks in (to-be pocket of) Stalingrad in
Op. Uranus. (only about 100 German tanks or less left now )
Little bigger font used in combat results.
Hotkey for HQ Power (Key-5) and Air/Art Range (Key-6) added.
Super Higher resolution now supported, bug with 2600 pixel width should be
Already registered people with Slitherine (due to playing PBEM++ with another
game) now have option to choose ‘already registered’ button and use the regular
login in the next screen.
When you switch a unit and play the speed card again it will have less effect.
New mod file lines can be added. After the buttons have all been defined there is
now an optional line that takes the number of graphicfile string replacements. For
each number add a line below. With two arguments: “stringtobereplaced,”
”stringtoreplacewith.” This functionality makes it easy to make graphic mods that
don’t overwrite existing graphics. I will give some more info on this separately.
o Wheel zooms in and out at location of mouse.
This patch contains an important replacement fix.