Dragon Age 2
Dragon Age II 1.04
- The warrior talent Sunder will continue to work after saving and loading the game.
- Players can now disable the snap feature for area-of-effect attacks by holding the 'shift' key.
QUESTS (SPOILER WARNING)
- When Isabela is present in "Magistrate's Orders," Bethany no longer receives incorrect friendship or rivalry points after the player decides Kelder's fate.
- In "Magistrate's Orders," Carver now receives +5 friendship if Fenris kills Kelder or +10 friendship if the player kills him.
- Isabela no longer has a plot marker in the post-game save if the player failed to complete "No Rest for the Wicked."
- Aveline's head no longer vibrates in "Finders Keepers" when conversing with the warehouse guard.
FUNCTIONALITY (SPOILER WARNING)
- Resource loading and memory handling in conversations has improved to address sporadic crashes occurring for some users. The bulk of the resulting crashes were occurring in the conversation after Isabela's sex scene in Hawke's Estate and a conversation with Aveline in Viscount's Keep after she is promised her captaincy.
- Handling has improved for login, messaging, and authentication during periods of server disruption.
- Players who choose not to log in will no longer be presented with recurring Lost Connection errors.
- Certain ambient audio no longer cuts in and out when switching between characters.
DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT - "THE EXILED PRINCE"
- Sebastian's plot marker, if present, has been removed when bringing him into other downloadable content.
DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT - "LEGACY" (SPOILER WARNING)
- Players are no longer able to re-use the Memento of Legacy to access the Legacy downloadable content multiple times in a single play-through.
- Players now receive an item reward when completing "Malcolm's Honor" with Carver in the party.
- An issue that caused close to 200 banter lines between Hawke and the followers not to fire has been fixed.
- A case where certain follower banter wouldn't appear when playing from a post-game save has been fixed.
- Isabela's romance banter now properly checks to see if the player is still eligible for a romance with her.
- Fenris's romance banter now properly checks to see if Fenris and the player slept together, but have not yet made up.
- A ghostly Bethany no longer joins in conversations from beyond the grave.
- Sebastian and Anders no longer talk about Bethany or Carver as if they are not present.
- Carver no longer mentions Leandra after her death.
DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT - "MARK OF THE ASSASSIN"
- Removed the autosave immediately following the dungeon capture scene as it was corrupting subsequent saves for a small number of users.
Some plot fixes are retroactive, but not all. Players with plot-breaking bugs may need to revert to an earlier save, particularly a save prior to visiting the affected area during the current year in the game. GAMEPLAY * The effects of various follower talents and item properties are now being properly removed and re-applied when loading and saving. * Anders's default set of tactics will now activate Haste when appropriate. * Aveline's final armor upgrade is now available during "Favor and Fault." * Aveline's Retaliation talent no longer imposes a delay when activated. * The warrior's Rally talent now functions as described. * The rogue's Lacerate talent now functions as described. * Party members who are resurrected during a fight now rejoin combat properly. * Hawke no longer gains random spells or talents after using the Maker's Sigh potion, then saving and reloading. * Potions, poisons, grenades, and runes can now still be ordered from the Hawke estate after the main campaign is complete. * Various minor gameplay issues no longer occur. QUESTS (SPOILER WARNING) * "Who Needs Rescuing" can now be completed. * "Duty" will now appear on the Chanter's Board even if the player accepted all of the board's quests before installing the Exiled Prince premium content. * The journal for "Duty" will now update if the player left the Docks (Night) area immediately after killing the Flint Company mercenaries. * In "Finders Keepers," the door to Woodrow's Warehouse will now open if the player steals the location to the warehouse from the harbormaster's office. * In "Finders Keepers," if the player leaves Woodrow's Warehouse before finding the crate, it is now possible to return to the warehouse to complete the quest. * In "Herbalist's Tasks," the varterral's heart is now available even if the player killed the varterral before receiving the quest. * Merrill no longer refers to the aftermath of "A New Path" before the plot has been completed. * Varric is no longer confused about which character Hawke has been romancing. * Various minor story-scripting issues no longer occur. PC/MAC-SPECIFIC FUNCTIONALITY * Varric's Embellishment talent no longer incorrectly refers to movement speed. * It is now easier to select party members by clicking on their portraits when the level-up arrow is displayed. * The game now functions correctly if the Windows desktop is set to 150% size. * The video options menu now allows a wider full-screen gamma range. * Various issues specific to DirectX 11 no longer occur. * Various technical changes should improve performance and limit crashes.
The content has been released as of October 11 for $9.99 on the PS3, 800 Microsoft points on the Xbox, and 800 Bioware points for the PC. It can be played at any time after reaching Kirkwall in the main campaign, though it takes place before the events of the end game.
Mark of the Assassin features new items, new enemies and monsters and new environments as well as giving players the opportunity to experience a new, tactical way to play with the return of Stealth gameplay. Plus, along with the new environments and monsters, you will learn more about the Orlesians and Qunari.
Leave Kirkwall, and journey to an ancient Grey Warden prison in order to find the source of the aggression and uncover the harsh truth about the Hawke lineage. Playable from any point in the DAII campaign, face all new darkspawn, forge a powerful new weapon and come face to face with an ancient horror.
Fixed save game issues on single core machines Fixed game asking for non-existent drives Fixed release control issues where some players were unable to unlock correctly Fixed a Steam-specific issue related to VO not playing after switching languages
This is no longer in Beta. This Re-Textures all the landscape (both inside and outside of town). It also upgrades the GUI to make it a little sharper and improves the main loading screen. Fixed: The Black Border on the Red tile in Kirkwall so it is not deep. Replaced the main rock in the Bligh Lands since it did not wrap properly. Made the floorboards less bright, as well as the Blue rock in the Mountains.
This is the Beta release of all Human Male Armor (includes clothing). These textures are generally the same size as the official Bioware High Resolution pack, as many are not considered HiRes by industry standards. In cases where they were full HiRes, they are reduced in this Beta to normalize all the sizes to be the same (so one suit of armor is not 4X the file size of the rest). When this passes Beta, then the HiRes version will be released as well. See the readme for details.
BioWare has created a new video to kick-off the BioWare Sequel Celebration. As a special thank you for helping with Dragon Age II's early success, BioWare is presenting fans with a download code for 2010 Game of the Year, Mass Effect 2 on PC from the EA Store.
The Dragon Age II launch is less than a week away, and BioWare would like to share this sneak peek video for The Exiled Prince, the day one PDLC pack available on March 8 along with the game.
Electronic Arts and BioWare have released a playable demo for Dragon Age II, allowing gamers on all platforms to experience a portion of this action RPG sequel. In the demo, players will venture through the game's prologue, choosing from three different character classes. They'll also learn more about Hawke and hone their skills and abilities that will make them the ultimate hero. After finishing the prologue, players will enter a key new location in the world of Dragon Age, Kirkwall, befriending Isabela, a romantic interest in the game who is also a deadly smuggler. Upon completion of the demo, players will unlock a special weapon, Hayder's Razor, an ancient dwarven blade which increases health, mana, and combat abilities, in the full release of Dragon Age II
Experience the stunning directorÂ€Â™s cut version of the new Dragon Age 2 Destiny trailer, featuring extended footage, more blood, more story, more action.
Bioware has released a new trailer for Dragon Age 2 to coincide with the announcement that the game will launch on March 8, 2011. The trailer features over two minutes of awesome cinematic footage.