Dragon Age 2
Some plot fixes are retroactive, but not all. Players with plot-breaking bugs may need to revert to an earlier save, particularly a save prior to visiting the affected area during the current year in the game. GAMEPLAY * The effects of various follower talents and item properties are now being properly removed and re-applied when loading and saving. * Anders's default set of tactics will now activate Haste when appropriate. * Aveline's final armor upgrade is now available during "Favor and Fault." * Aveline's Retaliation talent no longer imposes a delay when activated. * The warrior's Rally talent now functions as described. * The rogue's Lacerate talent now functions as described. * Party members who are resurrected during a fight now rejoin combat properly. * Hawke no longer gains random spells or talents after using the Maker's Sigh potion, then saving and reloading. * Potions, poisons, grenades, and runes can now still be ordered from the Hawke estate after the main campaign is complete. * Various minor gameplay issues no longer occur. QUESTS (SPOILER WARNING) * "Who Needs Rescuing" can now be completed. * "Duty" will now appear on the Chanter's Board even if the player accepted all of the board's quests before installing the Exiled Prince premium content. * The journal for "Duty" will now update if the player left the Docks (Night) area immediately after killing the Flint Company mercenaries. * In "Finders Keepers," the door to Woodrow's Warehouse will now open if the player steals the location to the warehouse from the harbormaster's office. * In "Finders Keepers," if the player leaves Woodrow's Warehouse before finding the crate, it is now possible to return to the warehouse to complete the quest. * In "Herbalist's Tasks," the varterral's heart is now available even if the player killed the varterral before receiving the quest. * Merrill no longer refers to the aftermath of "A New Path" before the plot has been completed. * Varric is no longer confused about which character Hawke has been romancing. * Various minor story-scripting issues no longer occur. PC/MAC-SPECIFIC FUNCTIONALITY * Varric's Embellishment talent no longer incorrectly refers to movement speed. * It is now easier to select party members by clicking on their portraits when the level-up arrow is displayed. * The game now functions correctly if the Windows desktop is set to 150% size. * The video options menu now allows a wider full-screen gamma range. * Various issues specific to DirectX 11 no longer occur. * Various technical changes should improve performance and limit crashes.
Dragon Age II 1.04
- The warrior talent Sunder will continue to work after saving and loading the game.
- Players can now disable the snap feature for area-of-effect attacks by holding the 'shift' key.
QUESTS (SPOILER WARNING)
- When Isabela is present in "Magistrate's Orders," Bethany no longer receives incorrect friendship or rivalry points after the player decides Kelder's fate.
- In "Magistrate's Orders," Carver now receives +5 friendship if Fenris kills Kelder or +10 friendship if the player kills him.
- Isabela no longer has a plot marker in the post-game save if the player failed to complete "No Rest for the Wicked."
- Aveline's head no longer vibrates in "Finders Keepers" when conversing with the warehouse guard.
FUNCTIONALITY (SPOILER WARNING)
- Resource loading and memory handling in conversations has improved to address sporadic crashes occurring for some users. The bulk of the resulting crashes were occurring in the conversation after Isabela's sex scene in Hawke's Estate and a conversation with Aveline in Viscount's Keep after she is promised her captaincy.
- Handling has improved for login, messaging, and authentication during periods of server disruption.
- Players who choose not to log in will no longer be presented with recurring Lost Connection errors.
- Certain ambient audio no longer cuts in and out when switching between characters.
DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT - "THE EXILED PRINCE"
- Sebastian's plot marker, if present, has been removed when bringing him into other downloadable content.
DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT - "LEGACY" (SPOILER WARNING)
- Players are no longer able to re-use the Memento of Legacy to access the Legacy downloadable content multiple times in a single play-through.
- Players now receive an item reward when completing "Malcolm's Honor" with Carver in the party.
- An issue that caused close to 200 banter lines between Hawke and the followers not to fire has been fixed.
- A case where certain follower banter wouldn't appear when playing from a post-game save has been fixed.
- Isabela's romance banter now properly checks to see if the player is still eligible for a romance with her.
- Fenris's romance banter now properly checks to see if Fenris and the player slept together, but have not yet made up.
- A ghostly Bethany no longer joins in conversations from beyond the grave.
- Sebastian and Anders no longer talk about Bethany or Carver as if they are not present.
- Carver no longer mentions Leandra after her death.
DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT - "MARK OF THE ASSASSIN"
- Removed the autosave immediately following the dungeon capture scene as it was corrupting subsequent saves for a small number of users.
Fixed save game issues on single core machines Fixed game asking for non-existent drives Fixed release control issues where some players were unable to unlock correctly Fixed a Steam-specific issue related to VO not playing after switching languages