Gary Grigsbys War in the East
There are also changes to how damaged units are returned as replacements, how combat is resolved with multiple attacking units, many aspects of the air war, and much more. In addition, there have been several improvements to the UI and AI and a host of other fixes and adjustments that have been added through months of testing and player feedback. To reflect the many changes and tweaks, an updated manual is also included.
This massive free update includes hundreds of improvements to gameplay, including a more challenging AI, improved game balance, improved aircraft data, interface improvements, an improved scenario editor and a new editor manual and a new small scenario on the Demyansk Pocket.
• New Features and Rule Changes
1. Production Change – Size 0 factories will now expand if they are past their start date.
2. Formula Change – Adjusted the way staging bases are selected for providing ground support aircraft to ground battles.
3. Editor – Improved the Upgrade all OB function. This function should be used only at the beginning of building a scenario (once the unit list has been created), as it often requires units to be rebuilt.
4. AI Improvement – Made a small improvement in how the AI builds lines in small scenarios.
5. PBEM - A possible exploit in PBEM games was identified and removed from the game. We suggest players use the latest version when playing PBEM.
• Bug Fixes
1. Fixed a bug causing the end game screen not to appear properly in small scenarios.
2. Fixed a bug where destroyed German units that were rebuilt were coming back with 10 less morale than they should have.
3. Fixed a bug where the CSV export could get corrupted if a name field is at the maximum value of 40 characters.
Data and Scenario Changes
1. Red Army Resurgent 42-43 Scenario - Corrected the starting MPs of the 1st Gds Mech Corps by setting it to 0 as the unit is frozen at the start.
New Features and Rule Changes
Rule change - All Italian units will be removed from the map by August 1, 1943 and Italian production will cease on August 1, 1943. It is assumed that all Italian production is thereafter focused on the Western Front.
Formula change - Changed the amount of Hiwis generated each turn from captured Manpower centers from 10 to 3. This was done to counteract the impact of a bug fix involving Hiwi generation. Also, it should be noted that manpower generation from cities is reduced by the percentage of German production that is being sent to the Western Front.
Interface Change – The CV values shown on counters of units that include ski units will now reflect the modified CV value of the ski units, when they are in snow or blizzard hexes.
Fixed a bug where Hiwi generation was being inversely impacted by damage to manpower centers (i.e. the more damage to manpower centers, the more Hiwis generated).
Fixed a bug where off-map cities could be destroyed by movement along the edge of the map.
Fixed a bug where the AI was changing the status of some human controlled from refit to ready.
Data and Scenario Changes
OBs 42a Guards Rifle Corps (OB 395) and the 42b Guards Rifle Corps (OB 199) have been expanded to consist of five (5) rather than four (4) Guards rifle brigades. This corresponds to the expansion that was previously done to the regular early war Rifle Corps.
An updated English manual in the patch also includes all the rule changes since release.
The update works for both the English and German versions of the game and includes many important AI and game balance improvements, bug fixes and scenario improvements. We strongly recommend that all owners of Gary Grigsbys War in the East update to v1.05.45 for the best gameplay experience.
The update includes a handful of important bug fixes, along with a number of OOB, device, and AC file changes, and dozens of scenario tweaks and improvements.
Apart from the expected bug fixes, highlights include Interdiction battles, also Ground Support and Recon Escort air doctrine options were added, improved AI, lots of data/scenario updates and rule changes, multiple GUI additions, and a bunch more.
Apart from fixing a handful of bugs, this comprehensive 1.01 update addresses the performance issues some customers were having on slower systems, remedies some Editor issues, improves mouse responsiveness and even has a few tweaks to AI performance.
Matrix Games has released a new promo video right in the wake of the enormously successful release of Gary Grigsbyâ€™s War in the East. The new video gives gamers a general overview of the scope and gameplay available in this titan of Eastern Front strate