The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition
Patch 3.3 adds modifications to Aard and Quen. The modifications are applied when a relevant shrine is found and used in game and they can be disabled in DLC settings in Options. It also adds auto-detection of the controller.
-Activating a relevant shrine changes Quen into Solar Quen adding a 10% chance for an attacker to be incinerated when hitting Geralt.
-Activating a relevant shrine changes Aard into Ice Aard adding a 20% chance of freezing opponents hit with the sign.
-The controller (gamepad/keyboard+mouse) is detected automatically.
Minimap: Adds a north arrow.
Alchemy: Crafting slots show how many ingredients there are; better default ingredient selection (e.g., not having to filter out quest item ingredients all the time); un-rotates alchemy element symbols; saves custom ingredient selection for a formula (until you close the panel or go to another formula, but no longer resetting every time you create something).
Tooltips: Taller, and scroll faster.
Inventory/Trading/Storage: Sorting buttons (sort by time acquired, name, aggregate weight, aggegrate price.) Reversible sort also possible.
Trading: Places a checkmark next to books, formulas, and crafting diagrams that you already have in your inventory.
Crafting: Shows how many items you have instead of capping the number at how many are required. E.g., 30/3 instead of 3/3.
Other: Sorts some lists alphabetically: crafting, alchemy, elixirs.
Changes in this patch
- Fixed the display of inter-chapter movies in aspect ratios other than 16:9.
- Fixed bugs causing the application to close while opening the credits.
- Relevant Aspect Ratio options are shown in the Configurator.exe if nVidia Surround is supported.
- Game saves from Act 2 created on older versions of the game are now compatible with the Enhanced Edition, which fixes the dwarven mechanism in Vergen.
- Added a fix for .NET Framework 4-related issues for the Steam users.
This update corrects various translation bugs in the Chinese version of The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition. Please note that it only affects the Chinese version of the game. No changes to gameplay or additional features are being introduced with this update.