Operation Flashpoint Red River
Improvements have been made to the multiplayer sessions.
• Users should no longer be kicked out of multiplayer sessions at random points.
Improved stability after very long periods of gameplay.
Numerous gameplay fixes, tweaks and improvements.
Improvements to the physics system.
• Physics related crashes when large explosions occur have been fixed.
• Improved the vehicle physics and handling.
Improvements to the AI pathfinding.
• We have addressed various issues with AI path finding and script logic
• AI priorities system has been changed to reduce the occurrence of AI fireteam members walking in front of the player’s line of fire. Also when the AI has no option but to cross the users line of fire audio feedback is now given.
Improvement to the audio playback system.
• We have included new audio mixes for the Humvee and helicopter. This will prevent in game speech being drowned out by the vehicle engine noise.
• Changes made to the audio system to stop the audio dropping out mid way through missions.
• Occlusion culling is now turned off for high end PC’s aiding performance.
• Improvements have been made to the advanced graphics menu.
• Improvements have been made to the character rendering system to prevent un-textured or low LOD characters being seen.
• Numerous minor graphical issues have also been addressed.
Update to user_config for DLC achievements
• This has been done to allow us to add 5 new achievements for the upcoming DLC “Valley of Death” DLC pack.
We have reduced the number of campaign checkpoints that the player can trigger in the experienced difficulty.
Other missions include protecting convoys, holding elevated positions against increasing waves of enemies, night operations and rescuing downed pilots stranded deep in enemy territory.
Codemasters has released a new gameplay trailer dubbed “Four Men, One Unit,” which features the different specialists in Fireteam Bravo and the wide range of tactical challenges they will face in Tajikistan.
Dubbed ‘Unfinished Business,’ this new gameplay video features explosive gameplay footage that reveals the intensity of battle as US Marines take on the Chinese PLA in epic open battlefields complete with helicopters, APCs, tanks and airstrikes.
This video takes players behind the lenses of Corporal Jose Soto’s sniper rifle and his long range sniper tactics as he provides cover for himself and his other team members.
This new video takes players deeper into the ultimate tactical infantry shooter with a new command radial that allows complex commands to be issued in just two button presses, a range of new tutorials and improved way-pointing.
1st in a series of advanced training tutorial videos designed to introduce players to some of Red River's unique features, as well as showing how effectively commanding your fireteam is vital to your success.
Codemasters today released an Operation Flashpoint: Red River trailer showcasing footage from an entirely new co-op gameplay mode The “Co-op Search and Rescue” video focuses on one of four standalone Fireteam Engagement modes, in which up to four players come together to complete objectives on their own initiative online.
Codemasters has just released a new trailer for Operation Flashpoint: Red River. Dubbed, “Shifting Focus,” the new video focuses on the narrative behind the game and explains how the Marines must adapt to a rapidly escalating combat situation.
Interview with Codemasters rep Tim Browne about their forthcoming squad-based shooter.
Codemasters has released a new gameplay video that introduces one of the key characters in the game, Corporal Ryan Balletto, as he focuses on how the dangerous and strange world of Tajikistan can be his personal proving ground.