Final Fantasy 13-2: Gil Farming Guide
Tired of not having enough cash for Chocolina’s expensive prizes after finishing Final Fantasy 13-2? Need more spending money to throw at your under-leveled monsters? You’ve come to the right place. Follow our quick instructional guide below to make well over 200,000 gil a pop. Come prepared, because this challenge isn’t to be taken lightly.
For more in-depth information on the main campaign of Final Fantasy 13-2, check out our text and video walkthrough. If you’re looking for more extra content like guides, hints, tips and tricks, stop by the cheats page.
Gil Farming Guide
- A simple farming solution is simply fighting enemies in Oerba 400 AF or Academia 400 AF. Both areas feature simple enemies that can quickly be defeated with a bonus if you have any form of Collector’s Catalog, bought from Chocolina. But, we’re going to get away from the kid stuff and jump right into the big leagues.
- The rare enemy Raspatil is your best bet for farming Gil in the late-late post-game of Final Fantasy 13-2. What’s all the extra gil for? Use it to purchase Monster Material from Chocolina, of course! There are also big rewards in the form of a huge CP boost, if you aren’t totally maxed out already.
- Before you go looking for Raspatil, you’ll need the to get the “Battlemania” from Chocolina in Serendipity, but only after earning the “Paradox Professor” Fragment from Academia 400 AF.
- To get the fragment, talk to Miss Horizon, near Chocolina, in the city of Academia. She’ll request for you to get 100% completion on every map and give you a reward for each. You can check your completion percentage in the Historia Crux menu for each area. To get “Paradox Professor”, you’ll need 100% for every area.
- You’ll also want the Durable Collector’s Catalog, a special accessory sold by Chocolina in the Archylte Steppe after you’ve completed the main story. This accessory grants an additional bonus of 25,000 CP, 100,000 Gil, and three Scarletites, which can also be sold. This accessory is only needed for extra farming purposes, it isn’t a requirement, but it does help.
- With the “Battlemania” Fragment equipped, head up to Oerba Village 400 AF. He appears near the top (or bottom) of the stairs leading down towards the beach, focus your search there. It may take a few moments before the black hole, signifying a rare monster, will appear.
- Raspatil has well over several million HP. While the creature itself is a negligible threat if all your roles have been leveled to the max, the battle will drag on if you don’t defeat it quickly. Raspatil summons minions to take his side, and they grow progressively more difficult as the battle drags on.
- To make this battle as smooth as possible, we suggest that you reach Level 99 in all six roles. That’ll take some grinding, you might want to go about completing as many sidequests as you can before trying to face this guy. If you’re in need of an early reward though, Raspatil just might be a good start — just expect the fight time to jump from 5-6 minutes to 30+.
- Raspatil also causes heavy Wound Damage, which brings your maximum HP down. Manage the Wound Damage you take and fill up on Wound Potions.
- Using Paradigm Shift every other turn will considerably speed up your fight time, do it as often as possible — or fill your Paradigm Shift Deck with doubles of the same combination to allow you to instantly recharge as you shift without forcing a change in your skillsets.
- As far as monsters go, you might want to bring a leveled Yakshini with the Synergist Role. The Flanitor makes a good Medic when you’re in desperate need of some quick Cura and Esunada.
- Yakshini can imbue enemies with an elemental status, giving the minions weaknesses they didn’t have before. Use the monster’s infusion abilities to dish out double damage and get rid of the summoned minions before Raspatil sacrifices them to use it’s most powerful attacks.
- Removing buffs from Raspatil and his minions while buffing your own party is key to a quick victory. Remove Wounds and Poison, take down shields, put up shields of your own, and uses spells like Faith from Yakshini to help out Noel and Serah. Use Imperil, too!
- Give it a try, you won’t be disappointed by the massive rewards for defeating this uniquely difficult opponent.