Final Fantasy 13-2: Saddle Sore Trophy Guide
Chocobos have already replaced horses in the Final Fantasy universe as the best mode of animal conveyance. But, if you ride the chocobo long enough, you’ll be rewarded with a simple trophy or achievement for all your hard work. Sadly, the riding time is obscene. Don’t spend hours just running around with your mount, check below for a simple solution to your sore thumbs.
Trophy / Achievement Unlocked
Went the distance on chocobo-back.
Saddle Sore Trophy Guide
- To unlock this trophy, you’ll need to travel 10,000 steps while riding on the back of a Chocobo. There’s a lot of Chocobo riding in FF13-2, so this might come naturally during your regular post-story playing. But, the amount of steps required equals a few hours of gametime.
- To easily grab this trophy, you’re going to need two things; a large open area, and a rubber band (Or tape, or anything!) for holding your controller’s thumbstick in place for several hours.
- The second step is up to you, but the Archlyte Steppe is your best bet for a large open area. Try the westernmost area, or the large central zone — just stay far away from the map edges, trees, rocks, or whatever else that will stop your Chocobo.
- Now, rubber-band the left thumbstick so your Chocobo runs in a circle. It will takes so practice, and a few tries. Use heavy-duty rubber bands, or double-up and spend a moment angling the thumbstick into the correct position. Wait out a few moments, doublecheck your Chocobo’s running loop for obstactles.
- If you’re free and clear, leave the game running a few hours and come back. The trophy or achievements will appear the moment you get off the huge bird. Goodluck!