FINAL FANTASY TACTICS A2: Grimoire of the Rift Now at Retail
FINAL FANTASY TACTICS A2: Grimoire of the Rift was released in North America this past Tuesday, and Europe and other PAL territories will be able to get their hands on it as well tomorrow.
FINAL FANTASY TACTICS A2: Grimoire of the Rift turns your Nintendo DS into a tactical battlefield where you take control of a clan of fighters, mages and more. Summon mighty Scions and Espers to overcome the challenges that await, fulfil your destiny and return home victorious. With victory comes fame. Earn a reputation for your clan as you win battles and a whole new level of party customisation will open for you to enjoy.
Story: Our tale begins as Luso, an energetic young boy, discovers a mysterious book whilst tidying the library as a punishment for his latest episode of light-hearted mischief. He opens the book and is transported to another world called Ivalice. Before he can catch his breath, he finds himself joining a clan led by a friendly, if gruff, man named Cid. With his new clan at his side, he sets out to find a way home…
- Turn-based, tactical battles on isometric 2D maps set in the hugely popular FINAL FANTASY universe
- Lead a clan of fighters, mages and more as you explore the world of Ivalice, the setting of FINAL FANTASY XII
- Battle enemies with steel, magick and summoned monsters
- Amazing graphics with special effects that push the limits of the Nintendo DS
- Immersive soundtrack from the composer of FINAL FANTASY XII
- Endless variety and customization with over 50 available jobs – more than any other FINAL FANTASY game
- More than 300 quests provide hours upon hours of gameplay
- Enhanced Law System that rewards players for upholding the law with bonuses during and after battle
- Compete with rival clans to claim territory in the unique Auction mini-game
- Includes touch screen functionality, a feature not included in the original Japanese version
The game seems to be getting decent reviews across the board, so it might be something you would want to check out if a handheld turn-based strategy RPG title is your cup of tea.
Via: Press Release