Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions in Stores Now
Square Enix have announced that FINAL FANTASY TACTICS: The War of the Lions for the PSP has hit stores today. As the first release in the Ivalice Alliance series, FINAL FANTASY TACTICS: The War of the Lions sets the stage for the world of Ivalice. Based on the tactical RPG FINAL FANTASY TACTICS, originally released in 1998 on the PSOne, this all-new release features never-before-seen cinematic sequences, an entirely new English translation, 16:9 widescreen presentation and new multiplayer functionality. The game also features new jobs and new characters, including Balthier from FFXII and Luso from the upcoming FINAL FANTASY TACTICS A2.
In days long past, the War of the Lions rent the land of Ivalice in two. It is here that two young men of note first step onto history’s stage. The first is Delita Heiral, the hero who would draw the curtain on the War of the Lions, this dark act of Ivalice’s history. The other, whose role is now forgotten, is a man by the name of Ramza Beoulve. Peer through the eyes of these two young men and uncover the secrets that lie hidden within history’s darkened folds.
- Witness the origin of the IVALICE ALLIANCE, a series of titles that take place in the same fantastical worlds as FINAL FANTASY XII and the upcoming FINAL FANTASY XII: REVENANT WINGS
- Character designer Akihiko Yoshida’s character illustrations come to life in all-new animated sequences that combine hand-drawn-styled visuals with the fluidity of computer graphics – fully voiced exclusively for the English version
- All-new enhancements update the experience for a new generation of gamers – enhanced widescreen presentations, new jobs, new characters and a new English translation deepen the Ivalice experience
- Challenge friends in head-to-head battles with the all-new multiplayer function or team up in the all-new co-operative mode and try to outwit the game’s advanced computer opponents
- Classic orchestrations from world-renowned composers Hitoshi Sakimoto and Masaharu Iwata capture the essence and breathtaking drama of the world of Ivalice.