Finally, BLOPS2 Zombie Mode Unveiled
Good lord, Treyarch has really spent way too much time not showing or telling about Black Ops 2′s Zombie Mode. Enough with the teasing, guys! We know it’s going to be included. We know this because all anyone ever did is play Zombies forever and ever! But at last, they have decided to stop dilly-dallying and just make with the goods already, so today they’ve released the first real details about the return of everyone’s favorite part of the original Black Ops. So without further ado, here’s what you need to know:
* There will be 3 zombie modes included at launch.
* Tranzit features “big, giant, expansive world, significantly bigger than anything [Treyarch has] ever created,”; it offers solo and 4 player coop.
* Survival is set in a small part of the Tranzit world. Players stand their ground in a safe zone while zombies pour in. There wil also be bonuses placed around the environment, forcing players to leave safety and venture out into the horde. It will feature multiple areas and have solo and up to 4-player co-op.
* Grief adds competitive elements to Survival; Two teams of up to four players are put into the same area and must outlive the other team. No pvp combat is allowed though players can apparently maneuver one another into sticky situations.
* There will be no narrative content; that will be created by “fans for the mode.”
* 4 new characters, including one female character, will be playable.
* New zombie types will be introduced.
* Features like stat tracking, Leaderboards, and custom games will be included.
* Matchmaking has been improved.
And in case you’re curious, if you preorder the Hardened edition, you’ll get the exclusive Nuketown map.