first of all if this is the wrong section I would like to ask a moderator to move it into the corresponding section.
So I have this idea game concept for roughly a half year in my head and although there are plenty games in that gernre (also many released recently) I don't want to give up on this dream. The tags for this game would probably be: Hack'N'Slash, 2D, Dungeon Crawler, fast paced, Rogue-Like.
But my problem is that I'm stuck with an element and I can't decide what I should go for since both types are really interesting for me. I will list up just a small amount of ideas I have for each category.
- Core-Classes: Ranged, Meele
- Main-Classes e.g: Warrior, Mage, Archer, etc.
- Sub-Classes e.g: Elemental-Mage, Dark-Mage, Light-Mage, etc.
- Those classes would have skill trees which are divided into 2 sections: active and passive.
- You choose a Main-Class first and through leveling up your character you decide in which category you will go.
- There could be more classes coming out through out the time
- You could craft and gather new weapons and clothes in the dungeons.
- Each character would have a different backstory but some of them could come from the same city, country or have other kinds of relationship.
- Skill-trees would also be provided since you can level up those characters and unlocking more skills for them.
- They would have different evolutions as example: A character based on healing and dispelling would have an evolution which is based on healing and one based on dispelling.
- You would have to gather materials or such to be able to evolve your characters.
- "Special"-Dungeons would be created to unlock new characters (battling the "god" of them or themselve as boss-battle) and it would be possible to release more characters in the future.
I really like both ideas, at the one side I think it's really fun to create different classes and looking forward whats possible to combine and giving the player their own choice and creativity on what their character would become. But on the other side I also like the idea of creating new characters, writing stories for the characters and giving each of them an individual touch.
I hope someone could post their opinion on it and help me decide.