Full Details Released on Today’s PlayStation 4 v1.70 Update
Sony is rolling out the long-awaited v1.70 update for the PlayStation 4 today. In addition to the removal of HDCP, the implementation of SHAREFactory, and the activation of automatic pre-download, there are a host of other new features included. Here’s the full list, with brief descriptions. You can see full descriptions and info on the PlayStation Blog.
- SHAREfactory: New video customization app, shown off in the video above.
- Automatic Pre-download: Auto-downloads pre-ordered games so you can play at launch.
- Option to Disable HDCP for Games: Turn off HDCP to allow gameplay capture through HDMI.
- USB Export Option for Captured Gameplay: Export gameplay videos to USB to take them to your PC.
- Live Broadcasting in HD and Archiving Support: Live broadcast resolution increased to 720p.
- New SHARE Options: Include setting recording times, sharing with specific Facebook groups, and more.
- New DUALSHOCK 4 Options: New light bar and touchpad settings.
- New Friends Options: Adds support for friends-of-friends, mutual friends, and more.
- New Trophies Sort Option: Added option to sort trophies by rarity.
- PlayStation Store Payment Support: Introduces Alternative Payment Methods, beginning with PayPal.
- More PlayStation Camera Commands: Added more voice commands to the PlayStation Camera.
- New PlayStation Plus Icon: PS Plus icon now appears next to your username in more places.
- Music Unlimited SHARE Options: Share your Music Unlimited favorites with your friends by pushing the share button.
On the PS Vita front, this update will also enable Automatic Device Registration, which will automatically detect and pair both systems when they’re both online and the same user is signed in to both devices. Hopefully, this will make remote play faster to get into.
Finally, this update will also add Push notifications to the PlayStation App for things like friend requests, game alerts, and invitations. You can also choose to receive these via text massage if you prefer.
It’s a fairly large update highlighted by some video features that a lot of people have been waiting on. It’s nice to see that Sony followed through on their promise to disable HDCP on the PS4. If you’re trying out SHAREFactory, lets us know what you think of the new addition in the comments below.