Game Patches: Beowulf, CoD4, Stranger and a Few Others
Saturday is usually a slow day news day here at Gaming Today, so I tend to post some of the newer demos that have arrived to try and make your Saturday a little less tedious. Unfortunately, today there aren’t any demos to speak of that have not already been announced, so instead I will post some of the newest patches that have arrived. Just click on the name of the patch to get to the download page.
- Beowulf - This patch fixes shaders, load times, and a Windows Vista display bug.
- Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - A patch udpating Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare to v1.1. It addresses the issue of Rank / Stat resets reported by users moving from a Modded / Un-ranked server to a non Modded / Ranked Server.
- Culpa Innata – A rare, but major bug which resulted in the game crash while mostly seen in PA inventory screen because of some graphics cards driver incompatibility with the DirectX optimized functionality has been fixed. This bug is rare but nearly consistent on some graphics card, graphics card driver and the DirectX version configurations. The rework of the optimization pipeline of the game now compatible with these and any other configurations. – A few rare logic bugs fixed. – PLAYERS’ SAVES WILL NOT BE AFFECTED BY THIS PATCH AND THEY CAN INSTALL IT AT ANY POINT IN THE GAME PLAY.
- Stranger – Updates the game to the latest version and helps resolve the issue of the game running slow (performs like a slideshow) or displays graphical issues when the game is launched. Please ensure that your Graphics card is within the game specification (Supported Graphics cards. NVIDIA GeForce 6600 or higher / ATI Radeon 9800 or higher with 128MB of Memory) and that you have also tried to reduce the video settings within the games options. These settings can have an impact on the performance of the game if they are all enabled or set to the highest option.
- Timeshift – This update is for all versions of TimeShift and brings it up to v1.2 Fixed “NAT traversal problem” people behind NATs are able to see servers.
Fixed preview picture of character model showing all of the models at the same time
Fixed multiplayer issue when switching Surge gun with another weapon
Fixed grid-like artifacts when Distortion Effects and DOF set to On at 1920×1080 resolution
Fixed multiplayer issue where player can be inside the cargo containers
Fixed a multiplayer bug that allows infinite grenades
Fixed clipping issue in the sentry room on level 1
Fixed a crash after quick load on level 2
Fixed a maphole in multiplayer Map 13
Fixed Time Shield distortion effect
Improved multiplayer performance
Fixed some localization strings
Fixed ZF2 nonprogression at start position
Fixed King of Time incorrect timer bug
Fixed some UI issues
Fixed memory leaks
Fixed multiplayer issue where last player goes to spectator when failed to join full server
Fixes and improvements to network driver
Fixed alt-tab crash in multiplayer
Visual improvements to the grass
Fixed video setting issue
For more patches to many other games, you can click here.